Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do i really need a td-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i really need a td-10?

ok, i'm pretty new to electronic drums, but i wanted to add some electronics to my accoustics. their are 3 main sounds that i want to incorperate; they are a 808 kick, a wierd snare sound, and a pulse type of ride. i would like to use a kd-7 for the kick trigger but it only works with a td-10 right or can it also work with a td-8? how well does the pd-120 work with the td-8? can i use a td-8 during a gig? sorry for so many questions, i just don't feel like jumping into e-drums with a $1000 module.

The KD-7, as with all or at least most Roland triggers, works with any or most of Rolands modules. As for the other questions I don't have Roland trigger pads so I can't answer.

Comment

Originally posted by sleeper:
      ok, i'm pretty new to electronic drums, but i wanted to add some electronics to my accoustics. their are 3 main sounds that i want to incorperate; they are a 808 kick, a wierd snare sound, and a pulse type of ride. i would like to use a kd-7 for the kick trigger but it only works with a td-10 right or can it also work with a td-8? how well does the pd-120 work with the td-8? can i use a td-8 during a gig? sorry for so many questions, i just don't feel like jumping into e-drums with a $1000 module.
      The td-8 is OK for everything you mentioned above. It sounds like the td-10 is definitely overkill for what you are looking for. In fact, it sounds like the td-8 is overkill too.... perhaps the td-6 will have the sounds you need (it works with all the triggers you mentioned).

Comment

Originally posted by sleeper:
        ok, i'm pretty new to electronic drums, but i wanted to add some electronics to my accoustics. their are 3 main sounds that i want to incorperate; they are a 808 kick, a wierd snare sound, and a pulse type of ride.
        can i use a td-8 during a gig?
        Hello Sleeper,

First, welcome to this board!
        maybe it is an option to buy a second hand module. I know for example that a TD-7 module has 808 sounds and you can do all the things which you described. A second hand module will cost you between $200,- and $400,-.
        Of course you can use any module you want during a gig, but you have to be sure that the outboar gear (amplifier, speakers) that you use for gigs is good enough for the modules. Try it out first!

Groeten,

Peter

------------------
        Meneer Van Zanten (sorry, in Dutch)
        My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

thanx for your replies, i was going for the td-8 because i want the editing options it has so if i choose to expand, i can. so for the kd-7 kick trigger to be used with the td-8, it doesn't require anything special, just plug it in? thanks for your info guys

Comment

Working...
          X