Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New toy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy!!!

My Drawmer MX30 came in last night from jolly old England... oh the joy of it all.

In the immortal words by Hamlet - "compress or not to compress, that is the answer". Toms, cymbals and percussion + Aphex C-104; meet your new DADY!!! http://www.ijs.com.au/tech8.htm

For the $ (a good step by Drawmer), this unit is worth every penny and it will find it's way into many studios and racks for sure and Drawmer is only paying me a measly $5k to push this unit.

Yeeee doggie; it's booze, compression and edrums tonight!

Some more info if anyone is interested - http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/1997_ar...awmermx30.html

------------------
    Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.
    Studio

That's nice stuff

I want some outboard gear like that too, but I also want a PC and an SRM-450.... damn

O and a 10 piece Sonor Delite

------------------
    http://mpcman.flappie.nl
    Music was my first love...

Comment

You mean an acustic junker like this one:

PS: $ is a *****, but once good outboard gear is applied to edrums you can't ever go back.

------------------
      Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.
      Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
        $ is a *****, but once good outboard gear is applied to edrums you can't ever go back.
        Sure you can go back. I'll never give up acoustic drums, nor would I limit myself to acoustic drums. I like both. I have both. I use both. I need both.
        "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stoovey:
          Sure you can go back. I'll never give up acoustic drums, nor would I limit myself to acoustic drums. I like both. I have both. I use both. I need both.

I meant never go back to edrums sounds without running them first through outboard gear.

------------------
          Studio

Comment

Indeed something like that!

But I want 22" and 20" kicks, 8-10-12" toms and 14-16-18" floortoms!

LOL

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
              Indeed something like that!

But I want 22" and 20" kicks, 8-10-12" toms and 14-16-18" floortoms!

LOL

Yeah, and now in Euro's it looks a lot cheaper!

Groet,
              Cas
              DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar:
                Yeah, and now in Euro's it looks a lot cheaper!

Groet,
                Cas
                Yeah it's too bad I can't pay it with REAL monopoly money

Now lets get back on topic again

------------------

Comment

I meant never go back to edrums sounds without running them first through outboard gear.
                  Oh, yeah. I agree...even though I don't have any outboard gear yet. LOL
                  "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Drawmer is only paying me a measly $5k to push this unit
                    Ha! I knew it.
                    Now let me see if I can get this right, you are currently in the employ of BBE, Hart and now Drawmer. Well, some folks have all the fun!
                    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

LOL, yeah and Focusrite is next.

------------------
                      Studio

Comment

LOL, yeah and Focusrite is next.
                        Now all ya got to do is work at Digidesign too, so you can use your free Focusrite Control 24 with a Protools set

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
                          Now all ya got to do is work at Digidesign too, so you can use your free Focusrite Control 24 with a Protools set

Studio

Comment

Studio

Comment

Working...
                            X