Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New toy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy!!!

My Drawmer MX30 came in last night from jolly old England... oh the joy of it all.

In the immortal words by Hamlet - "compress or not to compress, that is the answer". Toms, cymbals and percussion + Aphex C-104; meet your new DADY!!! http://www.ijs.com.au/tech8.htm

For the $ (a good step by Drawmer), this unit is worth every penny and it will find it's way into many studios and racks for sure and Drawmer is only paying me a measly $5k to push this unit.

Yeeee doggie; it's booze, compression and edrums tonight!

Some more info if anyone is interested - http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/1997_ar...awmermx30.html

------------------
    Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.
    Studio

That's nice stuff

I want some outboard gear like that too, but I also want a PC and an SRM-450.... damn

O and a 10 piece Sonor Delite

------------------
    http://mpcman.flappie.nl
    Music was my first love...

Comment

You mean an acustic junker like this one:

PS: $ is a *****, but once good outboard gear is applied to edrums you can't ever go back.

------------------
      Outboard gear: Focusrite Compounder, Drawmer MX-30, BBE-482, Aphex C-104, Behringer T1951 4-Band Parametric Tube EQ, Lexicon MPX1, Mackie 1402-VLZ, (Crown K2 amp & Cerwin Vega V-253 speakers = 1600 watts @ 4 ohms continues power, peak at 3000 watts) and Sony MDR-V700DJ headphones.
      Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
        $ is a *****, but once good outboard gear is applied to edrums you can't ever go back.
        Sure you can go back. I'll never give up acoustic drums, nor would I limit myself to acoustic drums. I like both. I have both. I use both. I need both.
        "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stoovey:
          Sure you can go back. I'll never give up acoustic drums, nor would I limit myself to acoustic drums. I like both. I have both. I use both. I need both.

I meant never go back to edrums sounds without running them first through outboard gear.

------------------
          Studio

Comment

Indeed something like that!

But I want 22" and 20" kicks, 8-10-12" toms and 14-16-18" floortoms!

LOL

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
              Indeed something like that!

But I want 22" and 20" kicks, 8-10-12" toms and 14-16-18" floortoms!

LOL

Yeah, and now in Euro's it looks a lot cheaper!

Groet,
              Cas
              DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar:
                Yeah, and now in Euro's it looks a lot cheaper!

Groet,
                Cas
                Yeah it's too bad I can't pay it with REAL monopoly money

Now lets get back on topic again

------------------

Comment

I meant never go back to edrums sounds without running them first through outboard gear.
                  Oh, yeah. I agree...even though I don't have any outboard gear yet. LOL
                  "I'm not a guitarist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Comment

Drawmer is only paying me a measly $5k to push this unit
                    Ha! I knew it.
                    Now let me see if I can get this right, you are currently in the employ of BBE, Hart and now Drawmer. Well, some folks have all the fun!
                    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

LOL, yeah and Focusrite is next.

------------------
                      Studio

Comment

LOL, yeah and Focusrite is next.
                        Now all ya got to do is work at Digidesign too, so you can use your free Focusrite Control 24 with a Protools set

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
                          Now all ya got to do is work at Digidesign too, so you can use your free Focusrite Control 24 with a Protools set

Well Digidesign and Focusrite are one in the same (somewhat), but never the less Iíll plug them as well... for a price .

This would be nice indeed -

But itís between $7 to $8kÖ ouch but it beats our current board -

------------------

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited January 06, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited January 06, 2002).]
                          Studio

Comment

Itís been three days and my .02 cent review is here.

This (MX-30) thing is so sweat; the sounds through it (toms/percussion) are so very warm and full with a strong punch thanks to the fast release option with the gate, and the cymbals are crisp, bright and deep with the slow release with the gate. And I am hardly using the compression and the results are nothing less then perfect, itís the power of Drawmerís technology and this new piece with a lot of automation circuitry works wonders on the sounds.

This unit makes your sounds breath and itís barely working hard. There is a lot of headroom with this unit, plus it doesnít color the sounds what so ever; it just makes it very warm, tight and full of dynamics. The compression is so smooth and wide, that the sounds do not loose anything and what they gain is quite noticeable and the best part is Ė you can push it and it forgives a lot without any dramatic results unlike what some may claim about what compression does to the sounds. It does come down to ďYou get what you pay forĒ and in this case you will pay for unbelievable results that will put a permanent grin on your face and for a price that is unheard of for compressors of this pro quality.

I am in love again.

I liked my DL-251 & 241 models very much, but this unit feels very special and much easier to use then conventional analog units with the same if not better results that you expect from top compressor/gate/limiters that are preferred. This unit can do no wrong no matter what you throw at it, very impressive.

Drawmer does it again and I give this unit two thumb up, highly!!!

------------------
                            Studio

Comment

Working...
                            X