Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Open Jams - Tampa/St. Pete area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Open Jams - Tampa/St. Pete area

Hi fellow drummers! I will be in the St. Pete/Tampa area 1/15 - 1/18 for boring day long meetings. But at night - I do like to sit in at any and all Open Jams. My searches on the internet haven't found much. I would appreciate any recommendations from the drummers in the area as to where the best Open Jams are and when (heck - even a bad jam would be better than no jam). Thanks in advance!!
    Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Hey Tom,
    I lived in that area for many years and still have a house there. If I get down there in the next week or so, I'll keep an ear open for anything happening for ya. Remind me what kind of music you are into.

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
      Remind me what kind of music you are into.
      Most jams focus on the Blues since it's the easist for all musicians to jam too, and I do enjoy my Blues. But any 4/4 beat rock song is ok for me. I just love to sit in and enjoy the ride. Best cities so far to open jam in (IMHO) - Nashville and Portland, OR!! Worst - Orlando and anywhere in California!

Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Nashville would be on my shortlist too, for listening or playing. The reason I asked was that I thought I rembered reading a post where you said you were in church rock type band and maybe another band that was kinda heavy rock too (maybe I'm thinking of someone else). So I thought I'd be on the lookout for the more rock type scene. Anyway, I'll just keep a lookout in general, if of course I make it down.

Comment

Working...
        X