Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-10 /Expanded..Default kit # 42?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-10 /Expanded..Default kit # 42?

Curious...I just noticed whenever I cut my TD-10 on,it displays kit # 42 every time.

I didn't notice this prior to expanding.
    Anyone? is this the default?

Nope. Change the kit to something else before shutting down. When you power up, it should resume on whatever kit you were on when you shut down last.

Comment

Odd...it comes back on at 42 every time no matter what kit it's on when I shut down.

What do you think it is?
      Could I have perhaps got it stuck somehow?
      What happens if you restore all factory presets with the expansion card in?

thought that may straighten it out!?

[This message has been edited by RYLO (edited December 03, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by RYLO:
        What do you think it is?
        The effects of Stray Cosmic Radiation!

Could I have perhaps got it stuck somehow?
        Most likely. Try giving it a little nudge the next time you start it up.

What happens if you restore all factory presets with the expansion card in?
        Better question is, "what happens when you restore the factory presets with the expansion card out?"

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited December 03, 2001).]
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

That's strange. Is the kit light lit? If so, you can rotate the wheel to say like kit 12, and shut down the unit, and when you power back up it comes up #42? Hmmm. If you re-initialize, you will lose any changes you have made to the kits, etc., (unless you save them to a memory card or something). If you can live with that, I'd try it. If that doesn't solve it, you need to be talking to Roland I think.

Comment

That's strange. Is the kit light lit? If so, you can rotate the wheel to say like kit 12, and shut down the unit, and when you power back up it comes up #42?

...Yepp,that's just what it does.I'm going to try the re-initialize deal in hopes that something got hung-up.
            letcha know.
            Many Thanks

Comment

A new one for the books I guess...
              That seemed to do it.
              Somewhere over the last few days of screwing around,I locked it down somehow?!

Eveything seems fine now.

Comment

According to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, " 42 " is the answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe and Everything.

I definitely would not change a thing. Belgium, baby, Belgium!
                Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbaker:
                  According to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, " 42 " is the answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe and Everything.

I definitely would not change a thing. Belgium, baby, Belgium!
                  Indeed it is...LOL

Comment

It's just a shame we never got to know what the "real" question is.

Comment

Indeed, Vogons probably don't appreciate drums either!

They most likely sit on their Vdrum racks until they collapse while they recite the ddrums manual in iambic pentameter.

( Folks - it actually makes sense if you know the book!)
                      Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

RYLO, I have the exact same problem as you, except my TD gets stuck on kit 26.

This has happened to me about ten times in the last three months, and every time I solved it by re-initializing the unit.

However, brace yourself. It's gonna get stuck again. Re-initializing only solves the problem temporarily. And having to reload your kits after re-init only gets annoying.

Is the TD temperamental or what?
                        "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

Originally posted by Electrode:
                          RYLO, I have the exact same problem as you, except my TD gets stuck on kit 26.

This has happened to me about ten times in the last three months, and every time I solved it by re-initializing the unit.

However, brace yourself. It's gonna get stuck again. Re-initializing only solves the problem temporarily. And having to reload your kits after re-init only gets annoying.

Is the TD temperamental or what?
                          I'm not so sure it's the TD-10...I believe I hit a lock feature somehwere.Can't remember what or how but I blame myself right now at least...it hasn't happened since but I have noticed if I dial up a different kick or something on a pre-set kit like "Real Deal" that it seems to slip back to the original now and again...

Again:This could be where I've been hitting "KIT" and then dialing up differnt toms or whatever...it's easy to hit something while bouncing around and before you know it you've given yourself a different "something " wher you didn't intend.

This TD-10 would be in a box to Roland if I see that stuck kit crap again though.

Perhaps you should consider the same if you're certain that it's not you.

It seems the question is...can a kit be locked on to so when the unit is turned off it goes back to this kit regardless of wheather or not is was the last one you played?
                          If no is the answer then I'd say we have a problem.

[This message has been edited by RYLO (edited December 20, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                          X