Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHECK OUT MY MUSIC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHECK OUT MY MUSIC!!

Hi everyone! I am excited as hell that my mp3.com site is now up and running, and I'd like to get some feedback on my music. The drum sounds are from my TD-6. Please let me know what you think!!!
    www.mp3.com/jimmy_rossi

[This message has been edited by BlueKidJ (edited December 18, 2001).]

Hi, Jimmy,

Sounds great to me! I listened to all three of your tracks, and I really like your music....you have a keen grasp of texture and atmosphere, which is hard to find these days!

I was particularly impressed with the depth of your productions. They are so well integrated and multi-layered. Each song is quite a work within itself. Nice going!

The TD6 sounds great, of course I use a V Club kit myself, and am delighted with the results.

You can hear mine at the link below..."Disconnected Strings" features my Clubs. You might also like some of my more ethereal stuff, like "Ethereal Funk", "Traveler" or "Walking With The Angels," too.

Keep up the good work...go ahead and flesh out your Artist Info section on your site, as well. People who visit and listen will want to know more about you in most cases. Fill your site with good music and interesting info for your fans; you've got the good music thing happening already

My MP3 site is at www.mp3.com/entrylevel

------------------
    Dan's Music Site, plz have a listen :^)

[This message has been edited by Dan the Speakerman (edited December 18, 2001).]
    Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Jimmy,

I am not one for synth/techo stuff, but yours has something different to it. Very dreamy... brings back good memories of my teens growing up in the 80's. Some great music came from those times.

Keep recording, you are talented.

Mike
      My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Comment

Not bad Jim, not bad at all.

Try to get your drums recorded a bit hotter, unless you meant to record them like than donít pay attention to my remark.

What synths did you use? I hear what seems to be a Juno-106 or one of the Jupiter synths? Or an SH-101?

------------------
        szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited December 19, 2001).]
        Studio

Comment

Hi Jimmy - I like what I hear. The only thing that stood out for me was that the drums were not 'stereo-ized'. With everything else so wonderfully spread out, I'm puzzeled. Still, you've done a fine production and all the levels seem fairly well balanced, but I gotta side with the szvookster on the 'heat'.

-Marc.

Comment

Mmmmm... lot of electronic sounds. I won't say It's bad (perhaps it's even good) but I don't like it. Sorry. Prefer to hear real sounding drums along with some loops.
            Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
              Mmmmm... lot of electronic sounds. I won't say It's bad (perhaps it's even good)...
              If only one person likes it, it's good, period! No "perhaps" about it Harold, get a clue.

Comment

That's twice in one day that I agree with Marc for those of you keeping score at home. The guy did say to tell him what you think, but the 2nd of the three sentences probably was not necessary because it didn't add anything very useful.

Comment

Working...
                X