Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

This site rocks (literally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This site rocks (literally)

Just doing my part to keep this site alive:
    http://www.digevent.com/events/consu...t/archives.asp

Check it out, guys.
    V-custom, upgraded CY-6, Axis pedals, custom shopping bag drum case

Yes I agree. If you got the bandwidth, it is a great resource.

Comment

If you havn't got the bandwidth, download yourself 'ASF recorder' and you can save the video files perfectly to your hard disk and use them offline. each hour is about 100Mb (for the quality video)

Comment

Hi Surge,

Thanks for passing this site along. It's really great - the best drum teaching application I have seen so far - This site is now on my desktop!
        Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Hey Adz,
          That's an excellent suggestion. I am going to try it out. Thanks!

For me, who is just starting drums couple months ago, this site beats any instruction books I have, and its free! Also the fact that the instructor use vdrums himself is great.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by adz:
            If you havn't got the bandwidth, download yourself 'ASF recorder' and you can save the video files perfectly to your hard disk and use them offline. each hour is about 100Mb (for the quality video)
            Hey adz where did you download that"ASF recorder"

------------------
            ~REDMAN~
            ~REDMAN~

Comment

Wow... great site.. well done... thanks for sharing this site with us...

Comment

i was learning some conga beats today, cool stuff!!!!

td-8

Comment

hey i somebody said this site is going to close because nobody watch it, what u guys think?????

now is when i think we all should unite and do something but for real!!!!!i repeat the question, what u guys think?
                  td-8

Comment

I'm sure I'm going to get sh|t for this, but I was watching the double-bass show, and I think that he's a little sloppy with his technique, especially when he starts to speed up.

In addition, playing heels down might be good for the speed he's playing, but I don't think it lends itself very well to playing with any ammount of stamina. At higher speeds, playing with heels down will start okay, then get sloppier and sloppier as you go.

Just my two cents.

BINARY

Comment

I remember when I first heard of that dude I watched one of the double bass things or some such lesson thingie and thought the same thing. (He must have been having an off day or just bored.) Check out the four bar soloing lesson (for instance), and skip to the "beat of the week". It's a little Vinnie C. thing that was in the middle of the Buddy Rick tribute riff off I believe. He plays it at speed pretty well. I'm pretty quick (IMHO) but I find it a touch tricky to play those bars heels down. He's not the best drummer I've ever seen, but he is not a wannabe.

Don't know him, but in fairness, most of the lessons are geared to the level of the biggest audience beginners to beginner-intermediates. That makes sense.

Like I said, he's not the greatest, but the interface on the site is fantastic, and it is truly one of the great freebies out there.

Comment

i agree and i think we should do something to keep it alive( i dont know what though )
                        td-8

Comment

I think the site is worth keeping alive. From what I've read, we should try referring this site to generate traffic. The moral is not to see how good the instructor is, but the possibility of popularizing this method and possibly seeing great drummers (I wish Akira Jimbo, or Greg Bisonette) intrigued and doing this instruction thing that you can download off the net in the future (Heck, I'll even pay the download fee if that ever happen).

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by manu84:
                            hey i somebody said this site is going to close because nobody watch it, what u guys think?????

now is when i think we all should unite and do something but for real!!!!!i repeat the question, what u guys think?
                            ------
                            ...and i think we should do something to keep it alive( i dont know what though )

Manu: your youth and idealism is showing. Yes it is a great site and a service to the drum community. But to expect to get "something" going based on "somebody said this site is going to close" reminds me of AOL chain letters - no substance.

By the way, you did get something going. You provided awareness of this guys site on vdrums.com. This is a site which boasts a membership of some 1600+ drummers (ok, maybe 10 drummers and 1590 drummer wannabee's). Whether this guy's sites sinks or swims will be determined by how much the drummer community needs, seeks out and uses a site like this. Other than make others aware of it, there isn't much you can (or should) do.

I hear what you're sayin, but...

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

hey i read that from somebody that works in there,i didnt just heard it.
                              check their message board if u want.....

i hope i helped someway..
                              td-8

Comment

Working...
                              X