Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody use the Roland Keyboard Amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use the Roland Keyboard Amps?

If so, how are they? Whats your opinion?

I use the Roland KC-500 with my V-Drum set-up for live gigs (and practices)...and I would say it works pretty good.

I come out of the TD-10 with four mono sends (direct outs - 1 & 2) and go into a rack-mounted 4-unit direct box. From there, I direct the four sends to the FOH (front-of-house)and also to the amp. I use all four (4) channels on the amp for kick, snare, toms and cymbals.

The only negative I have with the amp is the lack of bottom-end...kick especially!!! However, we use sub cabinets with our main PA system, so I can usually hear (and feel) the lows pretty well.

Use the "search" function for other monitor options and suggestions!!!

Comment

I use basically the same setup as Lee and have been very happy with it for rehearsal and small club gigs. I tried to substitute a similar TOA keyboard amp with a 15" and horn so that I could bring my Roland home, but it sounded very weak in comparison.

Comment

This may not be what you're after, but I do use a KC-100 in conjunction with other stuff for monitoring during rehearsal. I have a Crown Powerbase 2 amp driving a Peavey 1810 cabinet (2 - 10's, 1 - 18"), with the KC-100 just handling the high-range stuff. In this role, it works great.

As a main monitor, though, the KC-100 would be totally inadequate. It is my around-the-house keyboard/bass amp for practice, so it is fine for what it is. I suspect that the KC-500 or KC-1000 would probably do fine.

-Danny
        -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
        X