Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Anybody use the Roland Keyboard Amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use the Roland Keyboard Amps?

If so, how are they? Whats your opinion?

I use the Roland KC-500 with my V-Drum set-up for live gigs (and practices)...and I would say it works pretty good.

I come out of the TD-10 with four mono sends (direct outs - 1 & 2) and go into a rack-mounted 4-unit direct box. From there, I direct the four sends to the FOH (front-of-house)and also to the amp. I use all four (4) channels on the amp for kick, snare, toms and cymbals.

The only negative I have with the amp is the lack of bottom-end...kick especially!!! However, we use sub cabinets with our main PA system, so I can usually hear (and feel) the lows pretty well.

Use the "search" function for other monitor options and suggestions!!!

Comment

I use basically the same setup as Lee and have been very happy with it for rehearsal and small club gigs. I tried to substitute a similar TOA keyboard amp with a 15" and horn so that I could bring my Roland home, but it sounded very weak in comparison.

Comment

This may not be what you're after, but I do use a KC-100 in conjunction with other stuff for monitoring during rehearsal. I have a Crown Powerbase 2 amp driving a Peavey 1810 cabinet (2 - 10's, 1 - 18"), with the KC-100 just handling the high-range stuff. In this role, it works great.

As a main monitor, though, the KC-100 would be totally inadequate. It is my around-the-house keyboard/bass amp for practice, so it is fine for what it is. I suspect that the KC-500 or KC-1000 would probably do fine.

-Danny
        -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
        X