Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

recording help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording help

hi ppl. im trying to record my v's with the musicmatch jukebox, there are some way to do that???
    i dont want to record with the mic anymore ..

thanx cya

manu
    td-8

Huh?

I have never recorded directly into my PC. I record my V's into my digital studio, burn a CD from that, then pop the CD in my PC and use Musicmatch to make an MP3 file out of the recording on my CD.

Guess I don't understand the question

------------------
    Dan's Music Site, plz have a listen :^)
    Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

yeah Manu. its simple. Just plug the headphone output into the Line In on your computer..Although, the headphone output is 1/4" and you'll need a converter to 1/8" for the computer. When u record make sure your line in is turned on.

just a suggestion..turn your Vdrum headphone level down, and turn up your computer recording level. sounds great.

------------------
      hit harder???
      hit harder???

Comment

headphones - computer?
        Why would you do that?! The direct out's on your vdrums are meant for that. You've only got to buy the right cable and you have the vdrums - direct out - computer line in. Then you don't have **** around with output level of your headphones, etc.

Tom

Comment

mmmmmm ok listen, my question now is what is the source i have to choose in the musicmatch, it says mic in, line in, system mixer

im gonna try though.....

thhaaaaaaanx a lot guys u rule bye
          td-8

Comment

i couldnt do it, damn!!!!

i have the line computer volume at the max i conected the cord to the computer (where the speakers go) and to the td-8 to the direct r and nothing happened...any help aprecciated

bye!!
            td-8

Comment

Hey manu!

Here is a bit of my setup:

1 Sony tape deck with left/right microphone in and heaphone output.
              2 Fostex X-18H four track.
              3 Yamaha EMX660 Powered mixer with RCA Inputs/outputs.

There are a number of photos of my present setup on the FTP site I am running. Check it out if you like.

As an experiment take an old tape deck from your home stereo and run your direct outs from the drum module into the left right microphone. Very easy to do because it should be a set of regular 1/4 inch cables. Now get your recording levels set by listening through the headphones on the tape deck.

Now get a patch cord that can plug into your line out on the tape deck to the line in or microphone on your sound card. This cord will be a standard left/right RCA to 1/8th (headphone). Now you have a basic interface between the computer and your drum module. The reason I used this same basic setup was to have an anologue (tape) back up of my playing just in case the computer crashes (aww, they never do that right? snicker).

Now in Windows there is some sort of wave recording program. In the old days it was wave studio and now it is called Sound Recorder. It can be found by going to your Windows start menu:
              Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment> Sound Recorder.

This will allow you to record your track as wave file. You can use Music Match to compress the wave into MP3. I think the Sound Recorder prefers the microphone input on the sound card as its source so you may have to plug into the microphone input.

This is the simplest way to record onto you computer. The tape deck is purely a backup measure.

Give it a try!

[This message has been edited by Cyberjam (edited November 25, 2001).]
              Kelly Mercer
              Halifax, Nova Scotia
              Canada

My Youtube Channel!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
              http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

Comment

mmmmm the thing is i have my stereo in another room........and the computer and the v's in other......

theres anyway to conect the drums directly into the computer?????( i have the stereo cord with the adaptor and everything..)

thanx a lot for the explanation cyber i aprecciate that and all the help with the ftp site as well

later
                td-8

Comment

An even easier method is run the left mono out put from your drum module into the line in on your sound card (1/4 to 1/8 patch cord needed. Don't forget to use Sound Recorder in Windows to make the initial recording.

The reason for using the line input instead of the microphone input on the sound card is the noise factor. The microphone input can be very noisy. You should be able to run your direct outs into the line input in either mono, described above, or stereo.

The reason for using the direct outs instead of the headphone output is also the noise factor. I do agree it is also an easy method but it may not be the best for sound quality.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by Cyberjam (edited November 25, 2001).]
                  Kelly Mercer
                  Halifax, Nova Scotia
                  Canada

My Youtube Channel!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
                  http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

Comment

thanx cyber, but is still not working

maybe there some problem with the configuration of something, i dont know .....

damn this sucks

thank u anyways.....cya
                    td-8

Comment

Originally posted by manu84:
                      i couldnt do it, damn!!!!

i have the line computer volume at the max i conected the cord to the computer (where the speakers go) and to the td-8 to the direct r and nothing happened...any help aprecciated

bye!!
                      you need your line levels for recording input to be at the max, not the line levels for playback. there are two sets of volume levels in your computer - make sure you set the ones for recording properly.

i'm almost positive this is your problem.

[This message has been edited by digitsone (edited November 25, 2001).]

Comment

manu -

to investigate what i told you about, right click on your volume control (the little speaker at the bottom right corner of your screen) and choose

Open Volume Controls > Options > Properties and then click the Recording radio button and make sure your line levels are turned up properly in your recording profile (as opposed to the playback profile).

Comment

Working...
                        X