Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

SDS9 Manual Anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDS9 Manual Anyone???

Just asking around the community. I'm looking for a Simmons SDS9 user manual. Does anyone have one lying around? I will pay for the trouble of photocopying, ssshhhh, or buy the one you have. I'm getting old, can't remmember all this crap. Sad huh?

Thanks,
    Michael

Try www.roguemusic.com or call them, they have alot of old manuals for $10 each.
    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Try http://www.elecdrum.com/wwwboard/index.html

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

Thanks guys,

I've sent emails, waiting for replies. Also tried this place: http://www.magicnet.net/~mglnsky/msg4.html

I don't know why I didn't try ebay first. God I hate that place. There is an original there, hoping it doesn't get too outrageous.

http//www.schematicconnection.com has the service and owners as a set photocopied for $24.99??

Harlock, no I haven't gotten tired of my new kit at all (I am getting itchy about the wait for my extra toms from Japan though. Damn terrorists!!!). I didn't say I hated electronics, just that they could never replace my accoustics. My stupid $$$$$ mistake. Also, I never could get a Simmons sound out of my TD-10 to save my life. I have incorporated the two, going electracoustic .

Comment

Originally posted by BtnkBndt:
          Also, I never could get a Simmons sound out of my TD-10 to save my life.
          I don't know which Simmons sound you're looking for but the typical Simmons sound as known from the SDSV isn't in the SDS9. It's more a mix of digital drums (snare, bass) and semi-analoque drum sounds (toms) as known in those days.
          I owned one ...
          Robert

Comment

I don't know which Simmons sound you're looking for but the typical Simmons sound as known from the SDSV isn't in the SDS9. It's more a mix of digital drums (snare, bass) and semi-analoque drum sounds

The SDS-7 has the ability to make the classic Simmons sounds since it incorporates the digital/analog filter sweeps. I can get the sounds from my TD-8 to come close to the Simmons sounds, but you have to tweak certain/specific sounds to come close not all sounds will work. For instance certain V kicks can be tweaked to sound like Simmons kick sounds and some V toms can be tweaked to sound like Simmons toms and the same goes for snares cymbals are a bit tricky. The V snares should be open and full with a bit of compression and effects added. Any and all of this is possible if you have outboard gear to run the Vs through, especially parametric EQ and compression/gate/limiter.

Luckily I do not have to mess with my Vs too much, I have a Simmons SDS-7 for that reason (never throw away older technology, especially like Simmons) but for some tracks I do have a few kits in my TD-8 tweaked to match the SDS-7 kits and vise versa.

Most of the time I have my TD-8 kits set up to work with the SDS-7 kits, but not to match them per say, rather the SDS-7 kits are used as exclamation marks on top, so during a bridge or chorus I can lay into the SDS-7 for wicked sounds. And in some cases if we change the track while playing and go into a heavier sounds, the Simmons is good to have so I can go from moderate sounds to hard industrial sounds accompanying heavy guitars or what ever. IMHO, this is the way to go as far as having best of edrum systems available to cover a broad spectrum. Plus you can burn your own sounds with the Simmons. Vs are not as dynamic as the Simmons sounds and that is where the match up needs to be addressed.

------------------
            szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited November 24, 2001).]
            Studio

Comment

Working...
            X