Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

to a great online community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to a great online community

Just got my vclub set. I'm coming off an 8 year drum hiatus. I'm able to get back because of my new practically silent practice capabilities.(and sam ash had a no payments until feb 2003 deal!!!!!!!!)
    I had to thank everyone in this great online community for invaluable info on pricing and options and monitoring etc. I've studied the site for a few months and printed tons of topics
    I got a used peavey keyboard amp in my little practice room and it blows away any acoustic set I've ever had.
    Hours pass like minutes as I tinker with this awesome instrument.
    You guys rock...but not as much as vdrums.
    Thanks a million

------------------
    caution! filling may be hot
    caution! filling may be hot

Enjoy it, bro! I quit playing for 3 years once, when I was about 20 yrs old. When I finally started again (thanks to my brother), I couldn't understand how I ever lived without it... Got a drumset tattoo on my leg to remind me of what's important in life, so I never make the same mistake again!

Have fun...

-Danny
    -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by tbone:
      (and sam ash had a no payments until feb 2003 deal!!!!!!!!)
      February the 29th?
      Robert

Comment

That's great, Tbone! Welcome aboard!

I love this community as well...I have gotten so much help and motivation here, and I'm just a newbie drummer. There are many great guys here who are quick to help, critique, advise, and even mock you if you are so inclined, or deserving

This is the only drum forum for me. But I'd still like to lobby for a "Technique" section....or maybe just a "Help Dan!" section

WHERE'S THE ONE?!??!(Man, do I look SERIOUS)

------------------
        www.mp3.com/entrylevel
        Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Jeez, Dan.

You look like someone just called you a really bad name. But seriously, if you are playing or about to play in that photo, you might think about relaxing that grip and moving your hands a titch back on the sticks. The sticks should work much harder than you do.

Comment

lol! I told you....I'll have my wife try again...she caught me unawares...don't most drummers look mad when they play?

I'll choke back a bit...but it seems like I have some better speed when I move up a bit like that. Weird isn't it? It only LOOKS like I'm brutal when I play!

This is more 'me'

------------------
            Dan's Music Site, plz have a listen :^)

Comment

yo dan -

the doctor is right. it's better to develop speed with a more choked-back grip, and much easier to do with relaxed hands/wrists. also, your sound will ultimately be much better with a proper grip (maybe doesn't matter as much with vdrums). also, stronger wrists = healthier wrists = long happy life of drumming! maybe, a little bass thrown in, too.

about the pic, you can try to look hard all you want, but we at vdrums all know you're a super nice guy.

Comment

Heh, thanks

I will choke back from now on! Thanks again, guys!

Tbone....see what I mean? Aren't these guys great?

------------------

Comment

Dan...my son and I record together and I like your website alot; very cool. Does your webhost provide the background to drop your songs into? Is it a custom designed site for you? I want one!

Michael

Comment

Hi, Michael!

Thanks so much for your compliments on my site!

My site is at www.ampcast.com . You are provided with a site similar to mine, and then you can customize it with pix and colors, HTML if you like, and everything else yourself. Click on this link to read more about it. http://www.ampcast.com/rookies/

Also, if you'd like to set up a free site, go to MP3.com, click here to see my MP3 site to get an idea: http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/172/entry_level.html

And then click here for info on how to sign up with them: http://www.mp3.com/newartist/

Both sites are quite good. AMPCAST is my favorite, with their no-fuss attitude and ease of use and maintenance, plus they have a superior CD program to make your own CDs. They cost $50 annually, but worth it.

MP3 is 'free', or you can pop for $20.00 a MONTH to get some perks, but read CAREFULLY about that! My site is a free site at MP3.

Any more questions? I'll be happy to answer them!

Dan

------------------

Comment

Dan...very cool. Thanks so much; I'll check them out. My son is a freshman in high school attending Idyllwild Arts Academy in the jazz program studying jazz guitar. We have been looking for a way to download WAV files onto a website for him (I bought his domain name a year ago). Will either of the sites you gave me host domains with the same bells and whistles you have?

Michael

Comment

Hey, Michael,

Not sure I understand your question...both AMPCAST and MP3.com are music sites and they will HOST you, giving you you're own prefabricated artist page/site that you can customize using their easy to use tools. Both sites provide essentially the same bells and whistles, so to speak And they both will serve as hosting sites for your music as well. All you really need is some software to convert music from a CD, Mindidisc, or other digital recording medium to MP3 files in your computer. Then, you just upload those files to these sites. Click here for more info on that, and the MP3 encoder I use myself and like alot: http://www.musicmatch.com/

Their site explains everything you need to know to get your music on the 'net.

------------------

Comment

Dan, is that Uncle Fester (of The Adams Family) playing Bass in the top pic??
                          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Lol! That's one of his nicknames (I assume you mean the bottom picture)

That's my best friend Steve Burrows, an outstanding musician and bassist. He plays bass on a new song I'm wrapping up right now called "Disconnected Strings." He plays in a similar style to myself, and his particular take on the bass part for that song when I was playing it for him on my guitar was EXACTLY what I wanted. So I asked him to sit in for this track. I played my V Clubs, rhythm guitars, keyboards and vocals. Another friend of mine came over and tracked a lead guitar part yesterday as well. This is the first song where I brought in some friends to help, and it certainly won't be the last. They are great guys to work with.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dan the Speakerman (edited November 19, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Dan the Speakerman:
                              I assume you mean the bottom picture
                              Top, bottom - it's hard to tell when you have spent your whole life walking around upside down (like me!).

Where would you be without mates eh? Naturally you'll give us a listen when it's all complete?
                              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                              X