Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Is this a Good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Good price?

Full Compass will sell me a V Concert kit for about 3550.00 shipped...Is that good or do you have better suggestions?

That's approx. $400 better than Samash or Musicians Friend off their web sites, but if you can afford it, you might want to try to get a local dealer to sell you a V-Session for approx. $4100. You'd get the KD120, V cymbals, TD-10 Exp w/ V cymbal control and IMHO a much much better setup if you can afford it and accept the red color. I never liked the red color, but when I tried to build an equivalent set from the V-concert pads, I realized it would cost quite a bit more, so just bit the bullet and bought the V-Session. I have no regrets.

Comment

Where did you get the price of 4100.00? I forgot to mention that I would get the expansion card and the Ride cymbal + headphones free!

Comment

checkout midwest percussion and dwight from bpm music. i have also seen some v-sessions on ebay recently in the $3700-3800 range.

Comment

aaah. 100 posts.

Comment

BPM music does not list the prices. I sent them my email and they haven't answered my back...how long does it take? Midwest percussion only seems to carry acoustic drums. If I truly can get a session kit for about 4100.00 I'll do it!!! I want to make the purchase this weekend..that's why I ask.

Comment

BPM Music sells the Sessions for $4199 Zzounds will beat it by a little and pay shipping. The kit will cost about $4180 delivered and is well worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by munkee:
                Midwest percussion only seems to carry acoustic drums.

Wtf?! http://www.midwestpercussion.com/dru...and/index.html

------------------
                Thanx!
                -Alex & V's: http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr
                Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

munkee,

$3,550 delivered is a good price. Even if you can get a Session for $4,100, you likely can buy the the V-hat and 2 V crashes for just about the difference you'd save. If you sell the pads they replace and your kick on e-bay, you will be able to afford the KD-120, so if effect, you will be able to buy a white Session set for about as good a deal as you will find on a red one. Many people have said they would prefer to do this than have red.

The only other thing you would still get beyond that with a stock Session kit is the improved rack and hatched clamps. The grooves really do help and it is thicker and sturdier than the other Roland racks and the Yamaha. (I haven't measured the pipe thickness against my Gibraltar yet, but I may because a recent debate on that has got me wondering.) Nevertheless, it is very sturdy and a helluva lot lighter and easier to deal with than my Gibraltar (the aluminum is also much better at eliminating crosstalk).

Another way to look at this, is if you can find a Session at around $4,100, you can have all of these things immediately with no hassle (if you can live with the color). And FWIW, I have my color samples in and am in the process of picking what custom finish I will have my Sessions re-done in. (Doing that may throw the cost back up for you, but you could always do it later if you choose to.)

I got a Session kit from Midwest a while back for around (or maybe under) $4,100. I have since heard that they have been asking more, but haven't looked recently. I have however, heard of plenty of people still buying them around that price if they shop around. Hope that helps you weigh your decision.

Comment

Thanks alot for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
                      ... so if effect, you will be able to buy a white Session set for about as good a deal as you will find on a red one. Many people have said they would prefer to do this than have red.
                      isn't the concert kit purple? i think it would be a purple/blue session kit.

personally, i think the blue/purple looks the best of the three finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by digitsone:
                        isn't the concert kit purple? i think it would be a purple/blue session kit.

personally, i think the blue/purple looks the best of the three finishes.
                        Uhh. Heh-heh. Yeah. Oops. That's what I meant.

(Wait 'til ya see the custom finish(es) I am considering. If Fotki hadn't fotki'd me and everyone else, I'd post some of my samples. I'm currently leaning toward a black and white diamond pearl with veins of gold running through it (you'd have to see it).)

Comment

Drum Pad in Palatine, IL (847) 934-8768 sold me my V-session kit for approx. $4100 about six months ago, so I figured you could probably get that type of price now as well with the way the economy has been lately. I don't have the receipt with me at work, but it was close to that (maybe $4175). They weren't too happy about it, but I was able to get that price by getting a verbal quote from Music Center in Kenosha, Wi (262) 697-9393 for $4200 delivered including shipping. I agreed to pay Drum Pad more including the 7% sales tax because they are all drummers and do a good job of stocking everything drummers need and provide good service. I bought a bunch of other stuff (pedal, stool, etc.)from them at their regular prices, so they should have been reasonably happy in the end. I don't think you need to spend $5,000 to get a V-Session any more if you work at it.

Comment

Dude, if you want it this weekend, find the best price you can online, print the page out, and take it to Mike @ Guitar Center on Westlake. He's the drum manager, & will match it. They most likely have it in stock.

-Danny
                            -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

the best price so far was BPM music at 4199.00. If there are any other suggestions please keep me posted.

Danny, I'm one step ahead of ya!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X