Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland patents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland patents

Anyone know when roland's patents on the "blue cone" and positional sensing run out? I imagine not to far away since the mesh heads have been around for a while.

I want the PD120, but I'd feel bad for buying roland when they have lower-quality construction for 3X the price.

Industrial Patents are usually held for 26 years, then must be extented by the Patent holder.
    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

So then, only 22 years to go till we can all buy cheap blue cones!
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
        So then, only 22 years to go till we can all buy cheap blue cones!
        They're actually black now. Roland claims they are "new and improved" over the blue cones -- and more expensive (of course!).

Cheers,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
        Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
        Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Comment

Working...
        X