Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

I think I screwed something in the TD10 up! HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I screwed something in the TD10 up! HELP!

Here's the short of it....After eight weeks of ownership (V-concert)I just got the courage up to go and mess with the patterns and such...
    I placed the pattern on user 051 and figured I'd try recording something.
    I set the kit on #26 far east and started to lay down your basic tribal funk.My intention was to go back and set the kit on Heavy or the like and then play the tribal groove I had just recorded...Ya know..play over it.
    The reocorder played it back but it was in the heavy mode.In fact whatever kit I went to played my rythem back in the assigned kit.It Played the groove but the sound was the same as whatever kit it was on.
    I was going kit to kit to see if it was like this in the others and it was...All of the sudden
    buzzing!! Nothing worked.
    I turned the thing off and all seems cool now after doing a factory reset.
    What the fu*& happened?

I thought I could record on one set and play it back and play with it in another style kit?

Originally posted by RYLO:
    I thought I could record on one set and play it back and play with it in another style kit?
    You thought wrong! Sorry mate.

As far as the 'buzzing' thing goes, I have no idea? At least it still works!
    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

So if one records a little drum fill say on the HEAVY kit and you play it back after setting your drums on the JAZZ kit ...you'll get the pattern you recorded in HEAVY played on the JAZZ ( Or whatever kit ) Sound?
      That's normal?

I was going from kit to kit to see what it sounded like ..probably did it too fast..thus the buzz

Comment

The buzz could be the effects. Check if your effects are on, or set too high.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
          The buzz could be the effects. Check if your effects are on, or set too high.
          Good point. Bearing in mind that each kit has different effect settings it could be that one of the kits you were 'scanning' through had HEAPS of effect on a particular drum - it takes sometime for the effects processors to catch up.
          Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

You went from kit to kit to fast as stated previously. Some kits have sounds with really long decays and switching over to another kit to quick will peak the effects and buzz the output. This happen with my TD-10 also and that is what the problem was.

------------------
            Ted H.
            www.tocsinrocks.com
            Ted H.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
              You went from kit to kit to fast as stated previously. Some kits have sounds with really long decays and switching over to another kit to quick will peak the effects and buzz the output. This happen with my TD-10 also and that is what the problem was.

Yep,I think you're right....I fiddled with the thing a great deal after posting and I just didn't give it time to catch up.Everything seem fine now.
              Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
              X