Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

I rock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rock...

Ok... I was jamming out to "I Remember You" by Skid Row and my primary kick beater arm sheared off right at the connection to the peddle. That is a first for me!

I have (well, had) the plastic beater with the felt accross the front that came with my dw-7000 pedal.

I don't want to go through this again, so any suggestions on my next beater???

------------------
    [email protected]
    My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Michael _ I had the same thing happen at a gig with my DW pedal about a year ago. An acquaintance of mine ran across the same thing. Its unbelievable. I have been round and round with pedals over the years. I used to love DW pedals but use mione as backup now. The Pearl Eliminator is the front runner for me...I love that pedal....Later, SG
    Roland V-Pro TD20 expanded with V Expressions
    Presonus Firepod
    Reaper
    Acoustic- Spaun drums, Dunnett snare & Paiste Signature Series Cymbals.

Comment

If you are talking about the dw beater that is sorta square plastic on one side and rounded felt on the other, I hear you. Have broke one myself (and it was someone elses!)right at the base as describe.

Cannon makes a two-way pedal with felt on one side that is very good. Rhythm Tech makes an even better version with a couter weight on it.

[This message has been edited by dr. kildrum (edited November 11, 2001).]

Comment

Whoa, sh1t! I think he's talking about breaking the steel shaft of the beater , where it inserts & locks onto the pedal! Is that right?!

If so, you need to lighten up & use less leg on your hits, dude!

------------------
        Thanx!
        -Alex
        Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander:
          Whoa, sh1t! I think he's talking about breaking the steel shaft of the beater , where it inserts & locks onto the pedal! Is that right?!

That's right. Looking closely at the shaft, I noticed there are ring shaped grooves spaced about 1/4" apart starting at the bottom. I guess these are measurement lines or something... Anyway, the shaft broke right at one of those rings.

My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Comment

Originally posted by antinucci:
            That's right. Looking closely at the shaft, I noticed there are ring shaped grooves spaced about 1/4" apart starting at the bottom. I guess these are measurement lines or something... Anyway, the shaft broke right at one of those rings.
            Yea, that's exactly what they are for. My 3 beaters on my DW's are inserted right at the uppermost line & locked in there. Are there 5 or 6 lines in total?

Anyway, you are hitting way too hard, friend. You must be stomping as hard as possible to do that kind of damage (unless your beater shaft [unlikely] was defective). I'm surprised your mesh head didn't give way 1st. Or are you using a KD7 (rubber trigger)?

------------------
            Thanx!
            -Alex
            Thanx. Alex & me V's! http://photos.yahoo.com/flexapr

Comment

Ahhh....a little case of the Stress Concentration....

Bad design. I have one and have not broken yet. I will get a backup before next gig.

Great post!

Erik
              SEPdrums

Comment

BTW, If anyone wants the original Roland hammer beater that came with my Session kit, I'll part with it for next to nothing plus postage. I have an extra Axis beater in my gig bag in case I break one of mine, so no need for the extra Roland. Someone converting to double pedals could use this to match their existing Roland beater hence only buying one more, (and cheap), or anyone just needing a new or backup.

Comment

Working...
                X