Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Getting the same feel as KD80 on Acoustic Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the same feel as KD80 on Acoustic Set

Help, I love my acoustic kit and would never give it up. I bought the V-Custom set for low volume, practical woodshedding.

I am using a Tama IC Power Glide Double and KD80. I'm getting killer action and learned some new stuff. Making real progress on the V-Custom.

Problem is, can't get the same feel (or do the same licks) on my acoustic set with same pedal. Any one out there with a similar problem and solution?

------------------
    The Guru of Dinky Donk
    The Guru of Dinky Donk

Originally posted by velvetjones:
    ...Any one out there with a similar problem and solution?
    Ummm. Same problem, but no good solution yet. I spent a load of time getting the response on my e-kick optimized. Now its better than the acoustic. I hadn't pushed the tuning envelope in a while with regard to my acoustic kick because it took so long to get the perfect sounds. Maybe its time.

Comment

Doc,

Thanks for your reply. I just need to practice more on both. I have made some adjustments to the Iron Cobra. Raised the footboard and tweaked the pedal and batter head a bit.

I mostly have to deal with the different feel because of the difference in the bounce. I also have worked out the E patterns that are killer on the A's. So far so good.

Any thing that is worth doing is worth a little extra effort.

thanks again!
      The Guru of Dinky Donk

Comment

Working...
      X