Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Online Buying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Buying

i need some help. i want to purchase a set in california, i am in missouri. i have never seen the set, but know it is the set i want, and the guy says in emails that they are in PERFECT condition, and lists everything that i get. however, is there a way to buy and ship to make sure me (the buyer) and him (the seller) do not get burned? please post fast!!
    daniel

burned by what!?

----

Comment

as in not getting what the guy said he was going to give me
      daniel

Comment

I believe there are escrow services on the internet that you could use. Basically, you would send your money to the escow service, and then the seller would ship the drums to you. When you get them, if everything's A-OK, the escrow service would send the money to the seller. Of course the escrow service charges for this service, but it's usually not much. I used this method a few years ago when I sold my old TD-7 kit on ebay. The escrow service was not part of ebay, but there was a link to them from ebay's website. You should probably start there and do some research.
        Hope that helps some. Good luck.

------------------
        "I only quote myself" -me
        "I only quote myself" -me

Comment

You could have him send the kit COD. A little more exspensive but a lot safer. For both of you.

------------------
          Ted H.
          www.tocsinrocks.com
          Ted H.

Comment

I agree with Stixx777.Have him send the kit COD and pay with a personal check. If it is not as stated you can cancel payment before he cashes as it takes about a week for the shipper to receive it. Get as much personal info on him as possible(phone #, etc.).

Comment

Working...
            X