Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Has Anyone Tried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Tried

Has anyone tried the Theater kit on the TD10 expansion card? It is supposed to sound like the Dream Theater kit. I have been using it, and was wondering if anyone else thought it sounded good. I removed the effects from it and used it through a PA with out much tweaking, and thought it sounded pretty good, but I am a newbe. Comments welcome.
    V-Concert, Visu-Lite Cymbals, BBE 482's, Behringer Multicom, Alesis D5

I just scrolled through the 50 kits on the TDW-1 expansion card. I have no kit name "Theater"... What number kit is it?
    My Hart Dynamics GigaPro (vintage 1999)

Comment

theatre is #48 on an UNexpanded td-10.

Comment

No Way! I've used that theater kit and does not even come close to mike portnoy's kit. I have since designed a few kits that are very similar to some of mike portnoys kits. His sound is not that hard to emulate. unless of course your going for perfection, which is impossible. I have gotten pretty close though.

-drumlogic
        -Drumlogic, V-session, Visulite/roland cymbals, (2)Mackie srm-450's, bbe 482 sonic maximizer,

Comment

OK I am really confused. My 48 is kit copy 3, and it is the same kit as #3 TIGHT???? I am off here, or am I missing something. Where is the Theater kit? My TD-10 is NOT expanded.
          Jason
          :rolleyes:

Comment

The last 5 kits of the TD-10 were just copies of some of the other 45 kits. That's why they are called kitcopy_. When the TDW-1 is installed it replaces them with 5 new kits, so you actually get 55 new kits by expanding. Kit #48 of the TD-10 kits IN THE EXPANDED TD-10 is Theater. See page 24 of the TDW-1 manual.
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
              Kit #48 of the TD-10 kits IN THE EXPANDED TD-10 is Theater. See page 24 of the TDW-1 manual.
              my goof. 48 is added to to the td-10 original kits as the theatre kit once the td-10 is expanded (as boingo correctly states) via the tdw-1. tke copy kits go away, and are replaced by five new kits. make sense? i read it from the luvtheartz spreadsheet and assumed it eas accurate.

[This message has been edited by digitsone (edited November 03, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by digitsone:
                theatre is #48 on an UNexpanded td-10.
                OK, it all makes sence. The above post is what had me confused. Thanks again......I really need to get that exp. board.
                :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                X