Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Electric bass notes tied to KD-120 kicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric bass notes tied to KD-120 kicks

Hi,

This might be way off the wall but I had a question. For those of you who haven't seen it, in the Modern Drummer 2000 DVD Akira Jimbo uses his Yamaha acoustic kick to trigger a set of five different bass guitar notes (one for each kick hit that repeats with every five kick hits). It isn't like a loop, it is just a note tied to the kick drum that changes with each successive strike and then repeats the sequence. It's like having a bass player slaved to your kick drum. (Now that I think about it I like that idea generally. But I digress.) Is there a way to do this on the Roland V drums using the KD-120 and the TD-10exp?

Thanks.

Mark

------------------
    TD-10 exp, TMC-6, Hart Pro Snare, PD-120, PD-100, PD-80, KD-120, CY14R/C, CY12R/C, CY15R, CY12H

Hi,

Thanks, I think that tap thing is what I was looking for. Now I just have to figure out how to program the notes . . . .

Mark

------------------
    TD-10 exp, TMC-6, Hart Pro Snare, PD-120, PD-100, PD-80, KD-120, CY14R/C, CY12R/C, CY15R, CY12H

Comment

There are presets in the TD-10 that do this already. BgBndSeq, I think is one on the kick, and Drum'nBs does something similar with vibes or something on one of the cymbals, and there are others too.

The effect is a pretty gimmicky unless thrown in sparingly, but I imagine some creative programming, could put some neater things into use using the core idea.

Comment

Drum'nBs has a 7 note pattern tied to the kick I believe. The bigband set has walking quarters. Works good at fast (200 bpm) tempos.

Comment

Working...
        X