Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this just me with the TD-8 Kick Drum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this just me with the TD-8 Kick Drum?

This problem is becoming a major pain in the arse. On the front of the TD-Kick Drum you have the pole that has the support legs. Now on the front of the bass drum pad you have the clamp that holds the pole. This clamp keeps coming loose after a while and I have to undo five allen bolt screws to get to the two phillip head screws that are keeping the clamp tight. Tighten these and put it all back together, no problems. This has only just started doing this after me owning the kit for about a year now.....anyone else getting this problem?

Originally posted by Spides:
    This problem is becoming a major pain in the arse. On the front of the TD-Kick Drum you have the pole that has the support legs. Now on the front of the bass drum pad you have the clamp that holds the pole. This clamp keeps coming loose after a while and I have to undo five allen bolt screws to get to the two phillip head screws that are keeping the clamp tight. Tighten these and put it all back together, no problems. This has only just started doing this after me owning the kit for about a year now.....anyone else getting this problem?
    Next time you have to disassemble it, go to the hardware store and get a couple of split-ring lock washers for those screws. That should hold them in place. You can also try Loctite Threadlocker 222, but only if the lock washers don't work.

HTH,
    Bob

Comment

I haven't had that - but no doubt I will soon - what I have had is a ghostly rattling noise (caused by vibrations when playing. Its very off putting and I can't find the source of it - I have checked all the bolts, screwed, joins, you name it but it feels as if something is loose but I know its not. Oh well - I guess I'll find out one day...might have to get the old boy to drive to the drum shop - as I've been told before a girl in a car full of V-Drums is a big no no.

Comment

I used to own a couple of KD-7's and whenever I would demo the KD-120 I would be surprised how loud the rattling noise was...
        E-drums: TD-20, RT-5S triggers on snare/toms, KD-7s, VH12, CY-14Cs, CY-15R, Pintech splash.
        A-drums: Zickos (amber) w/ all Zildjians.

Comment

Originally posted by nellie94:
          - as I've been told before a girl in a car full of V-Drums is a big no no.
          No, I think you misunderstood. A girl in a car full of V-drummers is a big no no.

Comment

Here's a roadies secret, Locktight, it's sticky stuff that comes in a tube that will hold any bolt in place forever until you unscrew it.
            Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Loctite 242 "Blue" is the stuff. Being a Harley-Davidson owner, this is always in my tool box. We use it to keep miscellaneous parts from rattling loose on the bike due to engine vibration.

Don't get the Loctite "Red", as it is rated for removal by impact tools only. The "blue" can be loosened with some effort using hand tools. FYI, all Loctite threadlocker products come in a red-colored tube; you must pay attention to the number designation and packaging.

Good luck,

-Danny
              -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by nellie94:
                ... I've been told before a girl in a car full of V-Drums is a big no no.
                Seems more like a wet dream than a no-no to me!

*rimshot*

Comment

Thanks everyone - u boys will never get used to having a girl on this site will you?
                  see ya - I'm off to glue my screws...oooh missus....easy tigers.

Comment

Working...
                  X