Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Gotta check this out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta check this out!

new website launching. it's going to be site strictly for drummers. it's going to have news, classifieds, discussion forums, and a featured artist directory. the directory will be a place where people can browse available drummers, see what they look like, see what styles of music they play, how long they've been playing, download demo's of their music, etc..the directory will be very informative, it will serve the purpose of maybe getting you a gig, or getting your name out for fame, or endorsement reasons. the directory will only contain 100 drummers for the time being, it is only 5 bucks a month or 50 bucks a year. email me at [email protected] if you are interested in reserving a spot. the site will be a success, so the directory will be vewied. cant mention the name of the site until it is online, which will be in a week or so. will also include a directory of bands.

sorry to say this but a site like that already exist and is free!!!!the adress is drummerworld.com and is really complete and even known by some famous drummers
    td-8

Comment

and don't come on here trying to push sh|t for profit...

please.

Comment

Sounds like a new idea. No harm in trying to make a buck. Another way is to build a cite, and if it gets enough traffic, banner ads sell. No harm in testing the waters to see if it works. i like that cite drummer world. Got some nice stuff about Buddy Rich and Jene Krupa with sound bites, great stuff.

Comment

hey binary i dont like your attitude, i mean if he make a good site more people is going to be able to learn more about drumming, the only criticable thing is that he wants to charge money for it.....
          td-8

Comment

Uh oh.

Comment

Originally posted by manu84:
              the only criticable thing is that he wants to charge money for it.....
              Uhhhh, that's what he said.??!!

Comment

hey i dint mean to start a fight or anything
                td-8

Comment

Originally posted by manu84:
                  hey binary i dont like your attitude, i mean if he make a good site more people is going to be able to learn more about drumming, the only criticable thing is that he wants to charge money for it.....
                  So you don't like my attituide, and I don't like your lack of proper upper case useage or punctuation, your stunning attempt at grammar, or your use of non-existant words like "criticable," so I guess we're even.

I apologize if I've offended anyone but Arriguy is correct, I have no issue with anyone suggesting I check out a site, I more than welcome the opportunity to experience new things. However, if you've ever visited a percussion newsgroup you know how littered they get with people who mistake a discussion forum for an acceptable platform for marketing.

I'll concede that I'm over-sensitive in this area, but having said that I'd also have to admit that the original post is little more than a thinly veiled and poorly-written attempt to hype something that not only doesn't exist yet, but is solely intended to generate mediocre revenue.

The information that is reviewed in the original post can be obtained already from a number of well-established free sites, some of it right here. The humor in the author's assertion that the site will be a success is underscored by several misspellings and senseless phrases such as
                  "getting your name out for fame,"
                  which falls second only to your
                  "i mean if he make a good site more people is going to be able to learn more about drumming"

Put down your drumsticks and pick up an English book.

BINARY

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
                    Uh oh.
                    dr k, your latest set of icons crack me the h3ll up.

Comment

Originally posted by digitsone:
                      dr k, your latest set of icons crack me the h3ll up.
                      I definitely saw what was coming. It was a toss up between that icon and this:

Comment

I'll check out the site but as for the uploading of drum tracks and the like I have been offering this sort of thing for FREE for almost 2 years now. I have offered this here recently a number of times and very few have taken advantage of this unique opportunity.

I was hoping people would download some things from my site and maybe use segments for looping (or whatever). I was also trying to stimulate some interest in an online virtual studio for everyone to upload to. Yet again, virtually no interest after nearly three years of base promotion.

Oh well.

The address to drumless MP3's and other music talents...

ftp://vdrum:[email protected]/

Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by Cyberjam (edited October 17, 2001).]
                        Kelly Mercer
                        Halifax, Nova Scotia
                        Canada

My Youtube Channel!
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
                        http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

Comment

Hey Binary I don't speak english, I never studied in my whole life, and I ussually don't pay a lot of attencion to the grammar when i post.
                          I said my intencion was not to fight, sorry if you was offended by my post.
                          td-8

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberjam:
                            ...I was also trying to stimulate some interest in an online virtual studio for everyone to upload to. Yet again, virtually no interest after nearly three years of base promotion.
                            Cyberjam, my studio is currently dedicated hard disk, and I have no audio recording interface for my home PC, my studio (administrative) PC or my laptop. But, I am currently making final decisions on a PC based recording system to jump into it. To that end I will have a high end dedicated two drive DAW PC very shortly.

I have been reading that a couple of the big software players now offer streaming online collaboration, (I forget the name of the system(s)) but I am very curious. Anyway, once I step into the 21st century (hopefully by around the first of the year) I will touch base with you on this. The ability to exchange files is intriguing, and posting MP3s etc., is all well and good, but I'm specifically interested in the realtime collatboration possibilities. I'm told that some allow chat, or even realtime conversation back and forth via a microphone. I even saw a forum where people were video conferencing and moving each others control surface faders (via midi) as they each made changes to the same project! How friggin' cool is that?! Obviously finding folks with the applicable equipment and similar artistic tastes will be a tough task, but the potential is really awesome. I could envision having "go to" folks that are really good with this or that that might be missing from your project, or that have a VST plugin that you don't, or where a particularly suited studio musician hangs out, etc.

Anyway, I'm studying up, and certainly interested in the idea of "virtual studio" work. Not sure what you have in mind or the equipment you have, and maybe what I'm describing is something a bit different. Can you clarify what you do envision, or maybe share anything you know about what I'm describing?

Went and got a couple of links, if anyone is interested in this: http://www.harmony-central.com/News/...t-Network.html http://www.rocketnetwork.com/indexie.htm

[This message has been edited by dr. kildrum (edited October 17, 2001).]

Comment

manu84,
                              Most on this site are pretty respectful of others' right to express an opinion. However, most also draw the line, and rightly so, when something becomes personal. You didn't just say you disagree, you said you didn't like someone's attitude. While I doubt BINARY is too concerned what you like, I can't blame anyone for returning fire when you open the forum to what you like or don't like about them. If it is just a translation problem, then take this as advice, when in doubt stay away from sentences containing, "I don't like (you or your)..."

Comment

Working...
                              X