Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Hallows Eve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Hallows Eve

In certain groups I was in, for Halloween, we'd all "dress-up" our gear, ourselves and the stage for the event.

I would decorate my drums with cob-webs, paint-up the set with removeable black-light glow paint, place some strobes & blacklights, each bass drum had a large skull w/burning candles. I had large rubber rats and pumpkins around the kit and suspended bats & spiders from the booms. I would do my whole face as a skull in black & white make-up. We took some pics But they're misplaced somewhere. I'll see if I can find them and post.

We did this back in the late '60s/early '70's. There's so much cooler stuff out there now. Anyone else?

----
    -~

Originally posted by Marc.:
    In certain groups I was in, for Halloween, we'd all "dress-up" our gear, ourselves and the stage for the event.

I would decorate my drums with cob-webs, paint-up the set with removeable black-light glow paint, place some strobes & blacklights, each bass drum had a large skull w/burning candles. I had large rubber rats and pumpkins around the kit and suspended bats & spiders from the booms. I would do my whole face as a skull in black & white make-up. We took some pics But they're misplaced somewhere. I'll see if I can find them and post.

We did this back in the late '60s/early '70's. There's so much cooler stuff out there now. Anyone else?

----
    -~
    Nope, that was the be-all-end-all of music. Nobody will ever top that.

>ducking, AGAIN!<

- Hans

- Hans

Comment

Somewhat sheepishly I admit that I did the same in the 80's and 90's pretty much. I still have the two giant rubber rats, 2 strobes, a fog machine, and some "colorforms-like" thin plastic glow in the dark Halloween stuff that I'd stick to the drums (the plastic pressure contact kind that just peel back off). I never dressed up on Halloween (that I can remember), but I did wear some Spiderman P.J.s for a set of a gig one time on no particular occasion. I had seen them in a store somewhere and had recently seen the movie "The Toy" and thought it would be a laugh. I had them on under sweats and a T-shirt until just before we went on. I cracked everyone up everytime they looked at me (including myself).

I like the skulls in the bass drums thing. Never thought of that one.

Comment

DAMN, I hate to do this but:
        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Nice cleavage. Wanna go out for drinks?

Comment

Oh my.
            Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Oh my God.

Comment

Oh my God. Where Where Where Where Where Where Where Where did you get that tiara?? Its divine! I MUST have one.

Be an angel - tell me where I can get one too!

Comment

Steveo the Diva!

Comment

It's true the real men live down under. Where men are men and sheep are scared.
                    I admire your bravery, sir....ahem, ma'am.

Comment

Just when my eyes started to heal from that wild couch/bed thing yesterday from FloridaDrummer... now this!!!

My eyes will never be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by hmasing:
                        Nope, that was the be-all-end-all of music. Nobody will ever top that.
                        Thnx, you don't know how much that means to me - I was gonna do up my V's for this 10-31, but as you've pointed out, why bother?

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
                        DAMN, I hate to do this but:
                        Wowie-Zowie! -

Originally posted by Mark Norton:
                        Nice cleavage. Wanna go out for drinks?
                        Whoah! Hold up there Mr. Norton. I started this thread, so I should get 1st crack (pun intended).

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
                        ... but I did wear some Spiderman P.J.s for a set of a gig one time.
                        Good one!

---

Comment

What on earth have I walked in on here?...I'll pretend I didn't see...

Comment

Either I just fell in love....or I am having an acid flashback, I hope itís the acid !!!

PS: Is that a new kind of drum stick(s) for edrums that we donít know about?

------------------
                            szvook
                            Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
                              PS: Is that a new kind of drum stick(s) for edrums that we donít know about?
                              Uhhh, Im not sure it's for the drums?

----

Comment

Working...
                              X