Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upload Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload Settings

Looking for some help...
    I have a TD10 and would like to save my patches (custom and factory). In order to do this I believe I can upload (or download, depending on your perspective) into a computer. I have an old 486 laptop in my basement collecting dust but it still works. Is it possible to copy patches into my laptop? If so, what would I need, cabling and software-wise, to make it happen? Thanks

Originally posted by ronm:
    Looking for some help...
    I have a TD10 and would like to save my patches (custom and factory). In order to do this I believe I can upload (or download, depending on your perspective) into a computer. I have an old 486 laptop in my basement collecting dust but it still works. Is it possible to copy patches into my laptop? If so, what would I need, cabling and software-wise, to make it happen? Thanks
    sound card with game port or midi card, midi cables and one of the sysex software packages such as Lee's VkitTrans, MidiOx, Sysex97, Soundiver, ...
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
      sound card with game port or midi card, midi cables and one of the sysex software packages such as Lee's VkitTrans, MidiOx, Sysex97, Soundiver, ...
      a sound card??!?!? he said it was a LAPTOP.

MIDIMAN has a parallel midi interface.
      http://www.midiman.net/products/midiman/portman_pcp.htm

all the pcmcia midi interfaces I have found require windows 95 as well as some of the parallel and serial ones as well. you might be better off getting a $300 laptop off ebay and being able to run all the new software. A 486 trying to run windows will be slow and you never really could get a sequencer to run with any kind of performance at all.

I just paid about $375 and got a 233MMX dell with a 4GB hard drive/cd-rom/floppy/usb and 96MB of ram.

Comment

Why not just get a memory card? It is a lot easier to carry around.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
          Why not just get a memory card? It is a lot easier to carry around.
          And cheaper at around the going rate of $75.

Comment

Originally posted by animal:
            a sound card??!?!? he said it was a LAPTOP.

Well just shoot me why don't ya? . Sorry, I read laptop but wasn't thinking laptop.

A 486 trying to run windows will be slow and you never really could get a sequencer to run with any kind of performance at all.

I am using a 486-66 (not a laptop) for patch backup (in addition to a M512E). I don't use the PC for anything other than patches, and agree that going beyond patches could be a painfully slow or impossible.

For patches, a memory card is the way to go - reasonable, portable, efficient and reliable.

On the PC, chances are you could find someone willing to give you a 486 or get one for $15-50 at a yard sale (still need a midi cable though). It's fine for patches. You might get a low end Pentium that way also.

If you have some $$ and want to do other things with the PC, Animal's recommendation is a must. You'd really regret skimping on PC power.[/B]
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
            X