Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Intro and Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro and Pics

Hello all, I've been reading the posts for a while and finally decided to introduce myself. I own a concert set with serious upgrades (click link below). I also own a vintage Ludwig acustic set but don't use it due to being too loud. I have been playing for 15 years. I don't play professionally but would like too. I live in South Florida and have lately been spending my time dodging anthrax outbreaks, LOL.

Here is my set
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/davidrobe...src=ph&.last=1

Dave

Hello Dave!

Nice to have you aboard. We are indeed very glad to have new people join our little community.

So come on in and have some fun!!

P.S. For those that have been wondering (yeah, right), I have returned...
    "I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

Welcome aboard, Dave. I tried the link to the photo(s) and albums were empty. But welcome, nonetheless.

(Welcome back, Electrode.)

Comment

Me too, fix the pics, always like looking at monster kits
        :rolleyes:

Comment

Sorry, Had my photos on private, switched it and it should work now.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaDrummer:
            Sorry, Had my photos on private, switched it and it should work now.
            You're gonna wish you never turned on those pics. After looking at that couch I should arrest you! I'll let you off with just a warning this time only cause your drums look so good.

I've got my eyes on you mister (well, I have whats left of my eyes. They're still recovering from looking at that couch!)

Comment

Nice to see another Florida boy in the crowd! Nice kit!!!

Comment

Seems to be a lot of lefties playing v-drums these days!! Cool kit and welcome aboard!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaDrummer:
                  Here is my set
                  Hi Dave!

Nice kit! I also have the Yamaha DD50. I used it for a while with my td-8 but I find it difficult to use in combination with the sensitive v-drums.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by NetCop:
                    After looking at that couch I should arrest you! ... I've got my eyes on you mister (well, I have whats left of my eyes. They're still recovering from looking at that couch!)
                    Fortunately, I caught a glimpse of the throne cover 1st, so the shock was less and did not affect me as bad as you. When you recover, I think you'll discover that it's a bed, masquerading as a couch.

Nice set & welcome Dave.

----
                    -~

Comment

Welcome, Dave! Nice rig!

Dan (lefty playing righty; we have a very active thread on that, BTW)

------------------
                      www.mp3.com/entrylevel
                      Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
                        When you recover, I think you'll discover that it's a bed, masquerading as a couch.

Nice set & welcome Dave.

----
                        -~

I think there was instantaneous damage to my cornea. Yeah, bed, must lie down.

Comment

Great look kit for a lefty Ditto the above sentiments on the couch though.

------------------
                          Drooling Dog
                          - Scott

Comment

Welcome aboard.
                            I would like to say something really funny about your couch/bed but everyone has taken my lines!
                            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Wow! You guys don't pull any punches for a new guy on the list, LOL. It's a good thing I have been reading this board for months so I know what to expect. For the record, it is NOT a couch but a day bed. Your looking at a bedspread. Second, it actually is a nice looking bedspread even though it doesn't appear to be in the pictures. Remember, I live in a sub tropical climate, these colors are common down here. The towel on the thrown is my wife's fault, she placed it there while cleaning and I didn't take it off before taking the pics.
                              I guess I have been fully indoctrined into this board based on the great replies :P.
                              The Yamaha was easily set up using a midi cable, the only problem is that the volume can be low on the pedals, you have to adjust the volume of the kit to make up for it. Later,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X