Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything New in VDrums coming out soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything New in VDrums coming out soon?

Just curious if any of you have heard about any new modifications or introductions in the vdrums line-up in the near future. Any new sets, especially on the high end? Any new modules?

Thanks, guys. You've been incredibly helpful.

NoTalent

I hate to start rumors but...

I was at Guitar Center last week and the head of the drum department started spouting off some pretty interesting things about a new Roland module due out next year.

Here's what I remember. He said it would be named the TD-15 (imagine that). It would have full v-cymbal modeling capability. For instance, you can model a 17 inch, unlathed, medium thin dark crash, or whatever. Just like the drum modeling currently. He told me it will even have stick modeling capabilities. No word on any special glow-in-the-dark electronic sticks yet .

He also told me all of the buttons will be back-lit and the display will be twice as large and mounted on a axis for tilting. And for the final blow, he said it will probably retail for about $2500. Ouch!

Anyway, take it for what it's worth. Heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy...

Paul

Comment

Don't want to spread rumors, but I know a guy, let's call him Dr. X, that is beta testing a TD-15. (Nah. I can't do it. I'm full of it, but not that full of it.)

Comment

For that price it better have 12 additional inputs!

Comment

Whatever happened to the announced TD-13.75, which utilized space-age technology and several patents included in the Sea Harrier jump jet to keep the module floating above the ground without being attached to a rack or stand? I wanted that sooooooooo badly...
          plus a colour touchscreen, plus integrated player-activated psychedelic graphics, plus trombone-to-MIDi interface, plus anti-lock brakes!

Stu
          "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I read on the Internet that it has 12 additional inputs.

------------------
            Drooling Dog
            - Scott

Comment

At least 2 extra inputs! Preferably 4 or so, but 12 would be good too.
              Originally posted by Tully:
              For that price it better have 12 additional inputs!

[This message has been edited by snared (edited October 02, 2001).]

Comment

How about the amount of outputs? Balanced or not?

------------------
                szvook
                Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
                  How about the amount of outputs? Balanced or not?
                  It will have both, plus digital outs that bypass all noise. These will have reverse dithering to beef the samples up to 24bit and allow you to manipulated them anyway you want in your computer. (You will also be able trigger samples from any standard format with all the highhat expression, positional sensing, etc. working seamlessly.) Oh yeah, and the heads and three zones on each rim of the new PD-150s (available in 7 sizes and over 1000 finishes) are all separately assignable to any sound.

Comment

shiiiiiiit!!!!!hahaha!!
                    td-8

Comment

It will also make your dinner, feed your pets, and wipe your....

Comment

That's all very nice, I still want my trombone-to-MIDI interface...

Stu
                        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Thats all too good to be true! I don't believe it. Is there an internet site where all this is proven or documented? Is it the Roland USA site? Or is this all just word of mouth and heresay?

Comment

The new module will also act as your band manager and go out and get you an endorsement so you never have to pay for drums again.

------------------
                            - drew
                            - andy

Hart Dynamics ZigaPro Kit (6.4 w/ many extras)

Comment

Yeah! Then you can afford it.
                              Originally posted by drewdrum:
                              The new module will also act as your band manager and go out and get you an endorsement so you never have to pay for drums again.

Comment

Working...
                              X