Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My V-Pro Kit Is Finally Complete! (photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My V-Pro Kit Is Finally Complete! (photos)

After a lot of hard work, and gobs of money spent, I finally finished up my V-Pro kit.

Click any image for more photos and closeups.

------------------
    Drooling Dog
    - Scott

Congrats, that's a real good looking kit Drooly.

Comment

Originally posted by Drooling Dog:
      After a lot of hard work, and gobs of money spent, I finally finished up my V-Pro kit.
      Where did you get the invisible wire wrap? I want to wrap all my cables with that stuff, too! :-)

(Nice job, especially like the maple finish. Who on EARTH thought of that? )

- Hans

[This message has been edited by hmasing (edited October 03, 2001).]
      - Hans

Comment

Originally posted by hmasing:
        (Nice job, especially like the maple finish. Who on EARTH thought of that? )
        A very creative, kind and generous person gave me that idea.

------------------
        Drooling Dog
        - Scott

Comment

Looks great. What would you charge me to do two white tom mounts black like that?

Comment

Nice kit Dog! How did you get so many cymbals? I count and keep comming up with 13 inputs. Maybe on some of them, you're using 1 input for 2 cymbals. Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
              Looks great. What would you charge me to do two white tom mounts black like that?
              Sorry dr. kildrum. That you'll have to do on your own.

------------------
              Drooling Dog
              - Scott

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
                Nice kit Dog! How did you get so many cymbals? I count and keep comming up with 13 inputs. Maybe on some of them, you're using 1 input for 2 cymbals. Is that it?
                You got it! The two 12" crashes are Y'd together, as are the two 14" ones. I wish they had different sounds, but for now I'm happy being able to get both of my cymbal sounds on either side of the kit. Oh ****, does that mean I need to buy a 2nd china? Uh oh.

------------------
                Drooling Dog
                - Scott

Comment

VERY NICE!!
                  V-Club

Comment

nicely done! those black tom mounts look great!

Comment

Thanks digitsone. That was the toughest part. Sanding in the grooves was a major pain in the a$$.

------------------
                      Drooling Dog
                      - Scott

Comment

...That was the toughest part. Sanding in the grooves was a major pain in the a$$.
                        O.K. Can you walk me through what you did and the products used. Obviously some sanding, but I think I remember you saying that you were going to use some chemical?

If it looks like the paint is on there well, I'd really like to know how to do it.

Comment

I used a fine-grain sandpaper for the smooth part. In the slots, I used a Dremmel tool with a wire bit.

After that I let them soak in the chemical "Jasco TSP No-rinse Substitute", which I picked up from the paint department at Home Depot. I'm not convinced this did anything but get them clean.

I then applied 3 coats of black barbeque paint. Then 2 coats of normal flat black spray paint. I allowed 24-hours of drying in between each coat.

See why I wouldn't want to do it again?

However, I was at Guitar Center yesterday and looked at the red kit (v-session?) and it came with black tom mounts. You might be able to order them from Roland. I assume they're sized the same, but I'm not sure.

------------------
                          Drooling Dog
                          - Scott

Comment

However, I was at Guitar Center yesterday and looked at the red kit (v-session?) and it came with black tom mounts. You might be able to order them from Roland. I assume they're sized the same, but I'm not sure.
                            yeah, i was under the same impression. both the v-session and v-concert at the boston GC have black tom mounts. dr k. - are the tom mounts on your session pd-120s white?

Comment

Oh, my! That's gorgeous!

Man, that's a lot of triggers...it's like a V-Kit for Neil Peart! Congratulations!!!! Great pictures, too!

------------------
                              www.mp3.com/entrylevel
                              Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Comment

Working...
                              X