Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

a few questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few questions..

i have been reading the forum and im gonna make the sacrifice and buy a Sony 7509 headphone set, i think they cost 100$ right?? and i want to buy 2 cy-6 , im gonna be getting 200$ probably next week so i would like to get some info in how cheap can i get the pair of cy-6( some info about the price matches maybe? )......anyways, i have a pearl ryithmic traveler with zildjian cymbals( zbt crash/ride and hi hat) and i will have 2 pd-7 to sell after buying the cy-6.....

so if i dont have enough with the 200$ i think i could get the money from the pd-7's and the r trav.

i live in new york and i want to sell those things quikly, i dont mind to sell them cheap( maybe 400$ for everything?what you think?) i just need the money to complete my v-drums, anyone knows any place that i can go and sell
    right away???( somebody who lives in nyc or knows the place, because i dont want to use ebay)

i also want to know if i will have to buy cymbal booms to hold the cy-6( in that case how much money will they cost) or if i can use the same ones i use for the pd-7 and pd-9 i use for cymbals.....

and ( yea something else, whoever answer all of this is gonna have my apreciation forever hehe )
    i need to know the names of the cables to conect my td-8 to the computer( to listen to mp3s) , to conect it to a cd player, and to conect it to record something on my computer... it would be great if i get the names just to go to the store and buy.....

thanx a lot in advance and bye
    td-8

Originally posted by manu84:
    i have been reading the forum and im gonna make the sacrifice and buy a Sony 7509 headphone set, i think they cost 100$ right
    $100.00 ! Dream on.

You must mean the 7506.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I was able to talk my local GC into selling me my CY-6s for $75 each, without price matching. However, your mileage may vary...

Comment

AKG K-55 headphones work great and only cost about $25-30. They're my first pair of quality headphones, so I don't have anything to compare them to. If you wnat to save some money and still get a decent sounding pair of phones, I think they are pretty good. I originally wanted to get the Sony 7509's, too.

Its hard to explain the cables you need. I have a TD-10, so I don't know if it is the same for you. I don't know the names. For the CD player you need 2-1/4 inch phone to 1/8 inch phone Y-cable. I'm not sure if they make those, though. I use the RCA to 1/8 inch phone that came with my CD player, but you also need to use a 1/4 inch phone to RCA female for each one. There might be a few more combinations you can use, but I don't know. You can probably go to Radio Shack with your sound module, and tell them what you are doing. They should be able to show you what you need.

Anyone else have an easier way to explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
          I originally wanted to get the Sony 7509's, too.
          Over the past year or so there have been those that posted likes and dislikes on this model.

I have a pair. I also have some very old V6's. I prefer the V6 for my V's. At first I really liked the 7509. Then I felt like they didn't have enough high end. Adjusting master EQ didn't provide what I was looking for. I'd highly recommend you try first and not be influenced by opinion's on this site (w/possible exception of me). They are too expensive and hearing is too subjective to buy based on a testimony.

They do isolate from outside noise very well, provide good clarity and stereo separation, open up the sound, and provide extended base response ... but, overall, they didn't knock my socks off with the TD-10.

Listening to my CD's on my home stereo equipment is a different story. They are the best I've tried so far.

You have been warned.
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Spot on advice from Boingo. I have some 7509s for my studio. They are great but not my preference for the dynamics (especially highs) of cymbals in general and the Vs specifically. Great easy listening phones. Hovever, there are more pleasing phones (IMHO) for much less money for listening to (mainly) V drums. Many of these may even be lighter and more comfortable/cooler of longer periods of use. Try something like JVC's digital phones. They have a model for something like half the price of the Sonys that is ideal for that application (again MHO). Mileage may vary as always, try before you buy. Bring a recording of your drums, or of someones drums with plenty of high highs and low lows to test.

Comment

Spot on advice from Boingo. I have some 7509s for my studio. They are great but not my preference for the dynamics (especially highs) of cymbals in general and the Vs specifically. Great easy listening phones. Hovever, there are more pleasing phones (IMHO) for much less money for listening to (mainly) V drums. Many of these may even be lighter and more comfortable/cooler over longer periods of use. Try something like JVC's digital phones. They have a model for something like half the price of the Sonys that is ideal for that application (again MHO). Mileage may vary as always, try before you buy. Bring a recording of your drums, or of someones drums with plenty of high highs and low lows to test.

Comment

you are great!!!thanx to everybody!!!!ok harlok i got the idea, so now i know how to conect the td-8 to a cd player, but i still dont know how to conect it to my computer to listen the mp3's i have , if you can give me a so clear explanation as the last one i'd apreciate......

dr ok, i got what you say too, i should go and try a few b4 buying, but can you recomend me a few models( the best to play with v drums) to go and have an idea of what to try.......thanx and bye
                td-8

Comment

thanx man! i think im gonna use either the mp3s or the cd's but not both at the same time, tomorrow im gona go and buy.....the ont thing is bothering me now is that i dont have the cy-6s and the headphones, and i have to wait a few days
                  td-8

Comment

Working...
                  X