Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rudiments on mesh heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudiments on mesh heads

anyone who does rudiments regularly use their mesh-headed snare for rudiments? i have been going through stick control on my pintech snare and i have to say that it is is much harder then i thought! the bounciness adds an interesting control factor that i have never faced on my acoustic drums or remo practice pad.

that mesh head does make for a mean open roll, though.

peace.

All the time. I come from a rudimental backround so it's just natural for me to do so. Never noticed having problems with the mesh heads, but they are clearly different than the real thing. Just took a little adjusting to.

Zak

Comment

I also have a pintec and it's one great unit to play on. I'm a practice pad lover as my "Real Feel" pad is favorite #1, the Pintec #2, and acoustics #3 (too loud for late night practices). Regardless of who favors what for practicing, the playing surface is something one gets accustomed to. The extra bouncyness of mesh heads is a love hate relationship. Some hate the bouncyness as it is not the same as a real drum. But others, like me love the bouncyness. I'm a rock drummer that played hard and never used doubles. But devoloped an appreciation for a lighter tough and doubles. For doubles the mesh heads are the cat's paw. Since I'm new to doubles, I mess with mesh. I'm E drums all the way so I say mesh!

Comment

Working...
      X