Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

dual zone question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual zone question.

hi well i have my drums setted up now, everything is cool but.....at the beggining i had a pd 9 for ride and a pd 7 for crash, now i added the other pd 7, but when i first started playing the pd 9 and 7 were dual zone, now when i added the other pd 7 to the other crash input everything is just one sound!!!( even the hi hat and the pd80).....why that happens???anyways from the beggining when the ride and crash were dual zone the toms wasnt....i really need help because i want all my pads to be dual zone....
    td-8

ok i think my crashes and rides are working fine hehe but my toms are still just one zone....if there are some sarch word that leads to the answer just tell me
    td-8

Comment

Easiest solution, but maybe not the most obvious one. Check your cables to see if they're stereo cables (TRS), i.e. they have two rings. If they have only one ring on the jack, they're mono, and the source of your problem.
      Other causes for problems may be defective cables. Check all that out before you do anything else.

Stu
      "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

What pads are you using for the toms. The only Roland pads that will work as dual tom pads are the PD-7 and PD-9. Any other Roland pads will give you only 1 sound.(PD-120, PD-100, PD-80R, PD-80, PD-6 and PD-5) This is true to my knowledge of all the Roland TD brains, 5,6,7,8 and 10.

------------------
        Ted H.
        www.tocsinrocks.com
        Ted H.

Comment

yea thats ok but what if i want to assign for example a tom sound on the center of the pd-7 and a percussion sound on the rim?
          td-8

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
            What pads are you using for the toms. The only Roland pads that will work as dual tom pads are the PD-7 and PD-9. Any other Roland pads will give you only 1 sound.(PD-120, PD-100, PD-80R, PD-80, PD-6 and PD-5) This is true to my knowledge of all the Roland TD brains, 5,6,7,8 and 10.

The PD-80R is a dual trigger pad also... It has a rim trigger, hence the "R" suffix.

Comment

I know that the PD-80R is dual zoned but it will only work as dual zoned in the snare input, same as the PD-120. In the tom inputs it is just a single zone pad.

------------------
              Ted H.
              www.tocsinrocks.com
              Ted H.

Comment

Manu,

You can assign the 2 sounds to a PD-7. Go to the instrument section(inst) hit the rim check by making sure that the trigger reading is R then change the sound. Be careful not to change the center sound or hit another pad.

------------------
                Ted H.
                www.tocsinrocks.com
                Ted H.

Comment

yeap but on the toms i think is just one zone, damn i wantes to put percusion there
                  td-8

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
                    I know that the PD-80R is dual zoned but it will only work as dual zoned in the snare input, same as the PD-120. In the tom inputs it is just a single zone pad.

I just learned something new, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X