Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Live Sound/Small Gig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Sound/Small Gig

I'm playing a party tomorrow and we've got a nice PA set-up, but my amp situation is lacking. In the past I've just sent a mono mix to the PA from the Master Out and sent the Phone mix to one mediocre Amp behind me. Sounded awesome in the crowd but me and the band couldn't hear much.

So, I've borrowed 2 decent keyboard amps and want to set them up to improve the situation. My question is: if I assign a Direct Out (say kick and snare) to one amp and a Direct Out (the rest) to the other, will the Master mix be affected? Will I lose the effects on the Direct Outs?

Or I could just split out the phone mix to two amps...what would you do? Just looking for a simple solution this time. Thanks....
    STUMP

If you want a real simple solution which keeps your effects and whatever just the way they are, set your panning on all pads to center and feed the right master out to one amp and the left master out to the other.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Thanks Boingo that would do it - would you recommend I send the Phone Out to the board for the PA or send a line out from one of the Amps?
      STUMP

Comment

Originally posted by Stump:
        Thanks Boingo that would do it - would you recommend I send the Phone Out to the board for the PA or send a line out from one of the Amps?
        There was a post not too long ago discussing use of the phone out. Someone gave a technical reason why it isn't desirable to use as a line out.

Personally, I'd use the line out from the amp if it has one.
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

The reason for not using the phones out is becuase it's a headphone amp. There's no reason to send a powered signal to an amp.

Comment

Amplifying an amplified signal? Yuk!
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Split your phone output. I did it 6 nights a week for two years. Absolutely no problem to do. Without a doubt, the simplest solution for stereo monitors.

Jay

[This message has been edited by jg52 (edited September 30, 2001).]
              jg52

Comment

Working...
              X