Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

E-Vibes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Vibes?

Does anyone know if there was ever any kind of electronic vibraphone? I just thought it would be seriously cool and a lot of fun.

the malletkat

http://www.midi-classics.com/p8593.htm

Comment

How the hell does he get in and out of there?

Comment

Interesting, but really expensive for something that looks so cheap.

Has anyone used one and got some thoughts on it?

There should be a cheaper alternative around somewhere.

Comment

There's also the Marimba Lumina, also available through Alternatemode, or you can scour the ads for a Simmons Silicon Mallet, if you're lucky enough to find one...

Stu
          "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Thanks guys. There are some interesting products out there. I was only asking 'cos I was in a kind of wouldn't it be nice if.. sort of mood. I can't play mallet instruments (at least I've never tried) just thought it might be interesting in an experimental sort of way.

Why is it that whenever someone says they make experimental music it usually means that only they like it?

Actually I think Harlock's suggestions were quite reasonable, considering.

[This message has been edited by Alicks (edited September 26, 2001).]

Comment

This would be my e-mallet interface of choice. Real African wood, three octaves, and it can be whatever you want. At $4K, it's hardly a bargain, but hey, you could practice in headphones.

Comment

My teacher has got a perfectly 'normal' vibraphone with some kind of midi device. i'm not sure how it works actually, i'll ask next saturday. i know he uses it for convenience while recording and sometimes for using silly effect while doing clinics.
                - "Can i kick it?"
                - "Yes, you can ..."

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Harlock:
                  [B]Might ask Erik at SEPdrums, he certainly has a few suggestions...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA!!!! LOL...
                  I remember that... Wasn't that a pic. of Rob playing the new TD6 kit???

Hey when you look at that thing, it looks pretty cool for a kids set... it even has a hat pedal. I wonder how bad the x-talk is...
                  Man... it even has in-ear monitors with a built in mic... Hmmm.....

Erik
                  SEPdrums

Comment

It even comes with a (sorta) curved rack, a throne, and some baby "ahead-like" sticks with large black olives on the ends.

And do those colored lenses flash when you do badass fills? If so...

Comment

Where can I get me one of those????
                      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
                        Where can I get me one of those????
                        I guess you're gonna have to wait for Santa to give you one!

If you've been a good boy, of course...

[This message has been edited by Pleiadian (edited September 27, 2001).]

Comment

There was also the Simmons Silicon Mallet controller.

Zendrum has 24 pads on it which canbe set to various scales.

http://www.zendrum.com/

www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

The Marimba Lumina!
                            (Released two years ago)
                            http://www.buchla.com/mlumina/index.html

Comment

Working...
                            X