Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your V Kits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your V Kits!

OK, it was suggested over in the "Love my new V Clubs" thread that it'd be cool to see some pics of our sets, so here's the thread to do it

See my photos of V Drums and studio at PhotoPoint

All right! Let's see your rigs

9-22 I just realized this site has UBB code, so posting an image in your site is easy! Just click on UBB Code at the bottom of the message screen (underneath the Submit Now and Clear Fields buttons) and it gives you easy instructions how to. Or, see my post further down for the instructions.

------------------
    www.mp3.com/entrylevel

[This message has been edited by Dan the Speakerman (edited September 22, 2001).]
    Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

thats pretty man!!!!awsome we should all put our vdrum photos!!!!my problem is that the pics are in bmp format and i dont have anything to turn them to jpg...any help apreciated and keep posting!!!!
    td-8

Comment

Thanks, Manu! I'm looking forward to seeing some kits with really great wire management, tho

Can anyone help Manu with getting his pix up? I'm not sure how to help on that one...

------------------
      www.mp3.com/entrylevel

Comment

yea well im gonna get my studios with the same pad as a snare as yours this weekend, and later on im gonna buy CY 6 , and another kick, so my kit is gonna be really similar to yours...i was supossed to get them today but the seller's mother got cancer so i just gonna have to wait until weekend...i hope she gets fine.....and then im gonna take pics of the drums and get them on jpg, until then keep posting!!!!
        td-8

Comment

Looks just like my kit! Except the other PD-6 isn't cranked up like the one you're using as a ride. Very nice, Dan! As soon as my ISP gets its act together (RCN, authentication problems...) I will post my kit.

[This message has been edited by HolShot (edited September 21, 2001).]

Comment

There are many threads on the site with pics of folks' kits. Here's a revised link to three more recent pics of mine:

UPDATED SESSION PICS
            There is also now an additional TD-6 and a pad to midi interface. By the time I get back home from my current trip, the drums will have been (should be)custom re-covered, and I hope to have run down the last 6 triggers/pads that I am going to add in my spare time. I'll probably update again then when everything is sorted the way I want it, if anyone's interested.

[This message has been edited by dr. kildrum (edited September 25, 2001).]

Comment

Sorry these are so far away I am new at digital photo
              http://www.geocities.com/zekedrum/Mark_s_drum_Page.html

[This message has been edited by zekedrum (edited September 20, 2001).]

Comment

the idea would be to have em all in the same place!!!!
                td-8

Comment

Dr K and Zeke, those sets look great!

Dr K, is that a KD120? How do you like it? I'm on my way to a kick trigger upgrade and am very interested in the KD120. Nice setup! LOTS of cymbal options within your reach

Zeke, very cool rig...I saw that pic on another thread of yours. Those toms and snare are larger than what I'm used to seeing in e-drums so far (limited exposure, I suppose )

Keep em comin!

------------------
                  www.mp3.com/entrylevel

Comment

Originally posted by manu84:
                    the idea would be to have em all in the same place!!!!
                    Could that be.....HERE? Is it really a lot of trouble to click on a link?

Comment

Originally posted by animal:
                      Could that be.....HERE? Is it really a lot of trouble to click on a link?
                      Is this better?

Dan, yes, it's a KD-120, and I really like that for an e-kick pad, but it needs to be properly tuned for best results (otherwise, it too can be "bouncy").

[This message has been edited by dr. kildrum (edited September 25, 2001).]

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
                        ...yes, it's a KD-120, and I really like that for an e-kick pad, but it needs to be properly tuned for best results (otherwise, it too can be "bouncy").
                        Perhaps this is better for another thread, but I also use a KD-120, and have bounce issues. Can I assume that looser is better? I haven't really jimmied with it at all...

- Hans

- Hans

Comment

Originally posted by Dan the Speakerman:
                          All right! Let's see your rigs
                          http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/hmasi...?.dir=/V-Drums

My wiring harness is (sort of) visible in picture 11. You can see the other end of it in picture 06.

- Hans

- Hans

Comment

Originally posted by hmasing:
                            [B...I also use a KD-120, and have bounce issues. Can I assume that looser is better? I haven't really jimmied with it at all...[/B]
                            That's exactly what I first assumed, but I think otherwise now. Too loose of course produces a rather dead feel and can damage your trigger. Medium loose (i.e. if you follow the manual's recommendation) feels to me like a bouncy trampoline on its side. Somewhere a fair bit tighter and you will start to approximate a feel more like a traditional head. But not too tight, that could exacerbate retrigger, (esp. if you bury the beater) or if extreme, could damage a head.

I also found that there are aftermarket target circles that can be applied that can enhance/deaden response without creating much if any additional impact noise. (Actually I only tried one but there are several brands available.)

Finally, I think the pedal(s) have a little to do with it too. I have dw accelerators for my a's, that produce so much power, that the rebound on mesh is intolerable. With the a's it translates to punch (volume), with e's it translates to kinetic energy right back at you (you don't need to control dynamics with brute force unless you want to). I use Axis pedals on the e's, and they are super quick, but pack a relatively sissy impact IMO. For e's though, I get the same effect, rebound-wise, and a very similar net effect overall feel wise. It's hard to explain and took enormous fiddling to get right, but I'm convinced its a combination of all of the above.

Comment

beautiful kit hmasing ..i just kinda felt in love with it...hehe
                              td-8

Comment

Working...
                              X