Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

KD120 question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD120 question...

Just making sure of something, here.

When I got my PD80R, I read the manual and several posts here about carefully tuning the head before playing.

When I got my KD120 a few days ago, I read the paperwork carefully, and it doesn't say anywhere that it's neccessary to perform the same procedure....I ask because I love the head exactly as it is right out of the box. I'm not exactly a leadfoot, and I don't play double-bass. Is this OK?

Everything seems to work fine. My beater is hitting square in the middle of the white circle, I use a DW5000AH with the DW included beater.

------------------
    www.mp3.com/entrylevel
    Dan's Music Site; melodic, ethereal rock and more! Please have a listen :^)

Probably O.K., but too loose and you risk damaging the sensor. I'd check each lug to make sure they are each at least one turn past hand tight. (Turn each back [counterclockwise] one full turn. If you can't twirl it easily with your fingers, great, just turn it back that full turn to where it was. Nothing changed.) Try each one. If you find one or more that are loose enough to turn by hand after one counterclockwise turn, you should probably think about tightening just a bit more than that. If they all pass the test. Put 'em back, and set the lock nuts.

Comment

Thank you, Dr. K. I'll doublecheck.

------------------
      www.mp3.com/entrylevel

Comment

Yeah, those lugs turned fairly easily after one turn of the wrench....

I went around, loosened em all up, and then retightened. The head is firmer now than before, but still plays well, if a bit bouncier than it was. I might try to loosen it just a little bit in a day or two...

Thanks again, Dr. K. It was pretty borderline, all right.

------------------
        www.mp3.com/entrylevel

Comment

Working...
        X