Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help A Vdrums.com Bro Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help A Vdrums.com Bro Out?

I'm a drummer for the Drooling Dogs. I'm trying to make our Web site look a little busier to get the attention of a local club we're trying to play. I would be very appreciative if you guys could stop by and sign my band's guestbook. You don't even have to look through the site or listen to music or any of that. I'm just looking for complimentary guestbook comments. Of course, if you want to read and listen, you're welcome to. I'll warn you though, my playing on "The Nothing" is quite possibly the most boring, repetitive drum part every played. Hopefully it fits though. Don't bother posting anything negative or profane. I'll just be forced to delete it.

Click here to sign our guestbook

or

Click here to view other comments

Thanks!!!

------------------
    Drooling Dog
    - Scott

You're welcome
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by Drooling Dog:

I'm a drummer for the Drooling Dogs. ... I'll warn you though, my playing on "The Nothing" is quite possibly the most boring, repetitive drum part every played. Hopefully it fits though.
      Seems to me that drum parts that fit the music, regardless of the simplicity, are appropriate. Look at Charlie Watts, for example. He's playing a straight ahead 2-4 8-beat most of the time, and don't tell me that it has no soul. Boring to play? Sure, if you play in your living room. But when you are in a band, on stage, and you are holding the groove together and there are 100+ people dancing, even an 8-beat ROCKS.

One question - was that part played on the V's? Sounds like it, and not because of the playing. The drums sound rich and pretty fat, even in MP3 format.

- Hans

- Hans

Comment

Originally posted by hmasing:
        Seems to me that drum parts that fit the music, regardless of the simplicity, are appropriate...
        One question - was that part played on the V's? Sounds like it, and not because of the playing. The drums sound rich and pretty fat, even in MP3 format.
        Hans,

Thanks for your kind words. I feel it's appropriate too. You just never know how a room full of drummers will react.

Yes, they were recorded on my V-Pro kit. We have a very sophisticated recording process I lug my laptop downstairs and plug my V-Drums into the sound input jack. I play through the song, recording it using CoolEdit to WAV format. I then convert the file to CD Audio and take it to my bass player's house. He pops it into his CD player and hits play, while recording on his digital 8-track recorder. This keeps me from having to drag my drums over to his house. Simple, but a great system.

BTW, don't kill me, but I just finished painting my tom mounts black. I couldn't resist.

------------------
        Drooling Dog
        - Scott

Comment

I left a pretty bad-ass comment, if I do say so myself, but I feel like a tool.. I made a typo and the guestbook form doesn't do carriage returns, so.. well, anyway, my entry looks retarded, but rock the f$#( on!!

A

[This message has been edited by alacrity024 (edited August 28, 2001).]

Comment

Nice Inspiration List - reads much like my own!

Comment

I can't tell you how helpful you guys have been. Thank you very much!!!

------------------
              Drooling Dog
              - Scott

Comment

Hey, mon, just signed your guestbook... hope you'll get some gigs based on the rave reviews! Tell whoever did the mixing of your demo to back off on the vox and come up with the drums; your playing will drive the band.

-Danny
                -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Thanks Danny. We'll keep that in mind. We just landed a new singer Tuesday night, so hopefully we'll re-record that and add others soon.

------------------
                  Drooling Dog
                  - Scott

Comment

Hey Dog...great website. Signed the guestbook for ya...but you gotta watch all of these guys making drummer comments so it doesn't look like your stacking the deck. Hey guys...don't look so obvious! ;-)

Comment

Nice work Scott!

Wouldn't mind a little more detail about your recording process .. sounded pretty good for such a simple process! I've been looking for an easy way to input my VDrums into my puter for demos, etc ....

Cheers! Dave in Atlanta

Comment

Thanks Paradiddle. The process of recording the drums is pretty simple really. I plug a cable into the Direct Out on the TD-10 and the soundcard input on my laptop. I then launch CoolEdit 2000, click "record" and start playing. Once that's done I open up the file and crop the ends off so I have a nice clean song. I leave a count-in though. Usually snare taps. Once the bass player works his magic with the digital recorder and burns a CD, I crop the ends out again in CoolEdit 2000.

I'll gladly answer any specific questions you have. I just can't answer many about the digital 8-track stuff. I don't mess with it at all.

------------------
                        Drooling Dog
                        - Scott

Comment

I use Master L (Mono) on the TD-10 and the "In" on the soundcard. When I do this there is one other adjustment I need to make on the computer. You may or may not need to. If I don't, it doesn't record anything at all.

1. Double-click on the speaker icon in your system tray.

2. From the "Option" menu, select "Propertites".

3. Click the radio button that says "Recording" and click "Okay".

4. Click the checkbox labeled "Line In". (this will make the "In" the recording source, instead of the microphone).

When you click "Record" in CoolEdit, it will bring up some options. I select "Mono". That's pretty much it. I haven't made any other adjustments to volume, etc. I could just be lucky, but everything seems to work great with the default settings.

------------------
                          Drooling Dog
                          - Scott

Comment

We re-recorded "The Nothing" with our new singer, and added "Frustration". I hope you like 'em.

Click here for Drooling Dogs Downloads Page.

------------------
                            Drooling Dog
                            - Scott

Comment

Working...
                            X