Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My live kit pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My live kit pictures

http://www.geocities.com/zekedrum/Mark_s_drum_Page.html
    I am just seeing if I can get this too work. I am having a hard time getting pictures too load so if they don't show sorry if they do enjoy. One of our roadies took some pictures last week at a outdoors show and I thought I would see if I could get them online to share. I noticed people have been posting there kits so I thought I would post one of mine.

[This message has been edited by zekedrum (edited September 13, 2001).]

Hello zekedrum,

Is your Pearl kick drum just for show?
    Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbaker:
      Hello zekedrum,

Is your Pearl kick drum just for show?
      Yes and no, I like the look of a real kick plus I have a hard time keeping the e-kick from creeping.I have a Hart kick stand and it is heavy but still creeps, the spurs on the Pearl hold solid and I think it looks alittle better. I like the feel better too but that is just probably all mental I like too look down at a real kick . I prefer acoustic drums I aways use them in the studio (acoustics) but you have to do what the gig calls for.

Comment

I have a hard time keeping the e-kick from creeping.I have a Hart kick stand and it is heavy but still creeps,

Hmm.....?

Which model do you have Ė is it the newer model with legs and spikes, or the earlier model with the V shape base with velcro on the bottom of the base?

My kick has not moved at all in the past 3 years and Iíve used it in the studio and live consistently and I donít play very lightly Ė I have the earlier model with the V shape base.

------------------
        szvook
        Studio

Comment

Great looking kit! Love the look of that kick drum and curved rack. Now I want a curved rack. People are probably blown away with the sound you are getting from your kit also.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsonly2002:
            Great looking kit! Love the look of that kick drum and curved rack. Now I want a curved rack. People are probably blown away with the sound you are getting from your kit also.
            Thanks , The curved rack lets you get things closer in to you and I like the add weight. I think we have worked and treaked the sounds so they work really well. Most people just don't understand E drums (non-musicans) and it is fun too explain to them after shows the whole concept and how they work. Most people are just blown away by the unlimited possiblitys the Vdrums and DDrums have, as I am too.

Comment

I think I was shorted on the kick stand I bought the stand later without the pad. I
              have the older stand the V base but no spurs and no velcro .I put velcro on it and I do still use it when space is an issue on stage

Originally posted by szvook:

Hmm.....?

Which model do you have Ė is it the newer model with legs and spikes, or the earlier model with the V shape base with velcro on the bottom of the base?

My kick has not moved at all in the past 3 years and Iíve used it in the studio and live consistently and I donít play very lightly Ė I have the earlier model with the V shape base.

Comment

I think I was shorted on the kick stand I bought the stand later without the pad.

Oh, I see.

The velcro that came with my base is very strong, because it has never moved the kick while playing. Maybe the velcro that was used by Hart on the V shape kick base is a bit stronger in preventing the movement of the kick.

Where did you get the base? Was it from Hart?

------------------
                szvook
                Studio

Comment

Yea I bought it from Hart but I didn't get the velcro .I thought when I received it that was strange not to have spurs or something to hold it. Oh well no big deal I don't use it often but when I do if I am using a double pedal it can make for some interesting foot work .

Originally posted by szvook:

Oh, I see.

The velcro that came with my base is very strong, because it has never moved the kick while playing. Maybe the velcro that was used by Hart on the V shape kick base is a bit stronger in preventing the movement of the kick.

Where did you get the base? Was it from Hart?

Comment

Nice carpet!

Comment

Nice carpet!

I'm in on this one ! i use a similar one, you see ?
                      - "Can i kick it?"
                      - "Yes, you can ..."

Comment

Thanks, Wal-Mart strikes again . I bought two a red and a green they are good for the drumming purpose.
                        Originally posted by Multilin:
                        Nice carpet!

Comment

Well I hope you don't mind if I help you start a new trend...that will look really good under my V's..perhaps a slightly smaller version for my kit.
                          Excellent idea.
                          Originally posted by zekedrum:
                          Thanks, Wal-Mart strikes again . I bought two a red and a green they are good for the drumming purpose.

Comment

Working...
                          X