Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Chains and Loops ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chains and Loops ?

Gentlemen,

I finally programmed my first chain for a particular song - "Shoot Out the Lights", where I alternate between my regular kit and (essentially) the Gravedigger kit, with its big delay. Sounds awesome, a great addition.

But...

Considering that I've had the V-drums for about two years now, having only one chain set up seems pretty lame.

Indeed, I have yet to incorporate a single loop into any song.

Is this miserable track record unusual?

If you use chains a/or loops, how you go about it?

Is it not in fact impossible to use a loop, and play along with it using a different kit, unless you use a device to trigger the loop using MIDI?

Is it possible to record a pattern of say, congas and tambourine, as a percussion group instead of a drum kit?

After all, the prerecorded patterns in the brains have percussion in them, yet we can play along with them using any kit we choose. Like, what's up with that?

Finally, what do you think is the least expensive but flexible or useful triggering device?

Thanks for your ideas, mon petit crottes de chocolat!
    Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Originally posted by gingerbaker:
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for your ideas, mon petit crottes de chocolat!

Various translations of the above french term of endearment...

From www.systran.com - "my small chocolate whirls"

From www.tranexp.com - "my small droppings about chocolate"

From www.freetranslation.com - "my small crud chocolate"

Just a little innocent humor, there... I hope I didn't throw your thread off topic, GB.

Comment

Ginger,
      I use either my spd20, or mostly my old octapad 80 to record loops on the TD10. Its pretty easy that way. I trigger the loops from an extra pd7. Sometimes I'll use a couple of loops on one song. Just go to the recording loop section in the manual. If I can fiqure it out .... anyone can. As I recall .. it was very easy.

Comment

"crottes de chocolat"

Hey, it's an idiom! Of Gallic endearment.
        Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Working...
        X