Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to ride a crash cymbal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to ride a crash cymbal

Anyone have any tips on how to ride a vdrum crash cymbal?? I cannot get any where near a smooth crash-ride sound, it always sounds like individual cymbal crashes. Moving the stick strike off center helps a little but also makes it very inconsistent. Maybe someone has found a tip or trick to pull this off, like a certain cymbal setting combination. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Jim

Is there a crash/ride sound that you can select? That should help.

Comment

I don't know about the TD-10, but there are four crash/ride sounds on the TD-8 and -6. They are called "CRASHRD", "CRASHRDE", "DKCRSRD", and "DRKCRSRDE".
      TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Buy an acoustic crash - problem solved.
        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

I used a cymbal on the TD-10 Exp that worked well... If I had it handy I could tell you what it was... Dunno if it was a ride or a crash, but it worked well for both ... and it swelled well too...

r
          \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

I think what's being said here, (other than the equally valid acoustic recommendation), is that it would help to know the module and pads you're using, and more specifically what you are after.

I'll throw in my $.02 if you are using a TD-10exp. There are plenty of ride crash sounds and all can be tweaked, tuned, etc. I use a few on my Vride on the edge. Also, the mallet cymbal sounds are great for swells if you want very even (little impact noise) sounds, and also can be tweaked and tuned to compliment other sounds that you may have on another zone of the same cymbal (assuming you have two and/or three zone cymbal pads available).

Comment

Working...
            X