Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

discoloration due to cigarette smoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discoloration due to cigarette smoke?

i have a gig with this guitar player. i use a set of v's and the place i will be performing at will obviously contain a smoking section. i've never played anywhere but my home, but an acoustic set i once bought from a guy was discolored due to smoke because he played in places such as i have been asked to. think the v's will honestly be affected?

It depends on how long you will have this gig. One nighter? No worries. Five nights a week for several weeks? It's inevitable. Unfortunatly this is a fact of life when you play mostly in bars. I played a club that was a martini and cigar bar as the house band on weekends for a while and the smell alone when you opened the cases after playing there would knock you down.

I recently sold my old Yamaha "A" kit and took all the lugs off to give it a good cleaning before showing it for sale. You wouldn't believe how much color variation there was between the shells where they had been exposed and the protected area under the lugs. They were white. Now they have a nice nicotine patina. That was after many years of playing clubs and being set up in practice rooms where there was occasionally smoke of a different nature; if you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
    X