Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-M8 Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-M8 Preview

For the last 2 weeks I've been working on TD-M8. It's a Windows 9x tool (might not work under Windows NT or 2000) that will give you complete control over the TD8. Ehhh... well once it's finished, that is!

The basics are more or less ready and eventhough it is *far* from complete, I wanted to get some feedback. It is still a very simple and possibly buggy program. It might not even run, since I haven't been able to test it on any other computer than my onw. Use it at your own risk!

The most recent version of Midi-OX has to be installed before using TD-M8. You can download both from:

http://members.home.nl/rvrijen

[This message has been edited by Pleiadian (edited April 16, 2001).]

Am i the only one who tried it?
    Great Application (a little bit bugy)!!!!!
    Thanks!

Comment

Roy,

Thank you for trying TD-M8! Actually, you were not the only one who tried it. Harlock also did, but he had (unrelated) problems with his soundcard. My web page got some visitors, but no other responses so far.

Do you have the time to answer some questions?

* Did the program run with errors, crashes, lockups?
      * Were you able to read information from your TD8?
      * Were you successful in editing values?
      * Did you save them back to the TD8?
      * Do you have any suggestions/remarks about the functionality or user interface?

Thanks!

Rob

[This message has been edited by Pleiadian (edited April 17, 2001).]

Comment

Hi Pleiadian
        The application works fine for me.
        i can read-wirte to-from my module.
        sometimes the app crashes when i try to change a value (Setup / Head Tension Adj for ex).
        otherwise it works fine.
        i would like to be able to export a kit to file, and to load a kit from a file.
        i think it would be a great way to share our kits over here....
        Thanks again

Comment

Hi Roy,

Saving settings to a file that can be exchanged with other users is the next step for TD-M8. And it will be possible to load a kit to any kit number.

I think I have traced the problem that caused it to crash, so thanks for testing!

Rob

Comment

Did anyone post any TD-M8 kits to download or have any good ones they would send me?

------------------
            TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 HH
            I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clymore:
              Did anyone post any TD-M8 kits to download or have any good ones they would send me?

Hmmm... I should set up some webspace to share files. Can anybody recommend?

Comment

Thanks Harlock, I forgot about The TDi. Good site.

Of course, you can use the .syx files with TD-M8

[This message has been edited by Pleiadian (edited August 27, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                X