Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Newbie alert: Anything I should know before I zap something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie alert: Anything I should know before I zap something?

I'm a proud day-old owner of a TD-8 based Pintech/Vdrums kit. I was wondering if there's anything I should know regarding calibration, wiring, etc., before I set everything up, flip the switch, hear a "Bzzz" and see smoke from the drums or the TD8. Any help/advice to a newbie besides rob a bank and buy more modules is much appreciated.

Yes, don't eat the yellow snow.

Just kidding, of course. Simply follow the manual's instructions for setting up, and you'll get started pretty quickly. This should hold you over for a while, until other questions arise, and that's when we step in to help

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Just in case you hear a Bzzzz, ground your gear first and foremost. Sometimes that can account for a noise factor that might mislead you in thinking the module is noisy.

------------------
      szvook
      Studio

Comment

Thanks guys. I try to learn things mostly on my own, supposedly the "only" real way I guess, so I'll try to hold off on the 1,000 questions. But I have a question regarding the KD120 kickpad and the TD-8. In the manual that comes with the KD-120 kickpad they say the TD120 must be set a certain way when you first hook it up and choose pad type and the threshold, etc., settings. This is when you have a TD-10 module. Now, the weird thing is the manual mentions every other Roland module EXCEPT the TD8. Since they say to do this for the TD10 I was wondering if this needs to be done for the TD8 as well since the modules are similar? Cheers!

Comment

I'm gonna take an educated guess and say the TD-8 and TD-10 expanded versions already have the KD-120 trigger settings to choose from. You don't need to tweak them. The older model brains were out before the KD-120 was on the market. You can use them but the settings need to be tweaked. See Chapter 7 of the TD-10 manual.

(The original TD-10 did not have these trigger settings. The exp card added them.)
          Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X