Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's your one favorite thing about v's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's your one favorite thing about v's?

well, I know we could all go on for AGES about how much we love our v's, and there's about a million different things you could do with them (note: good idea for a book--1001 uses for V-Drums), but I think it'd be neat if anyone who wanted to add to this just left a little note or story about their one favorite aspect of V's..

mine personally is the fact that since I've owned them, I've never broken a stick. The rubber rims are incredible.. metal rims used to chew up my sticks like there was no tomorrow, and now I've just got this pair of slightly dented sticks

SILENT MESH HEADS. Some may say, too bouncy, but I love silent mesh heads. I prefer the bounce. Can practice all night and not disturb anyone. Silent mesh and doubles go hand in hand! Low stage volume, great feel, durable, what's not to like? The first time I tried a set of TD-10's with the silent mesh heads, I knew Roland had a winner. Though I use Alesis gear, I really appreciate Roland in making the TD-10's with silent mesh pads. This forum is a great place for all E drummers regardless of race, colour or module! You guys are great !!

Comment

Great sounds right out of the box and lots of 'em! Bored with any one particular sound or kit? Change it. Detune it, send it through effects. Mix and match. If you're lucky enough to have four modules like I do, you can stack sounds to create HUGE tones and things that are just plain weird. Even with just one module, you can stretch your creativity a hell of lot farther than you can with acoustics, where what you see is what you get.

If any of the rest of you guys are like me, you'll remember how you secretly felt like such a badass drummer the first time you sat down at your V's, regardless of how well you could actually play them at the time. The cool thing is, I still feel that way even now, and it's hard to put a price on something like that.....
      TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Wade:
        If any of the rest of you guys are like me, you'll remember how you secretly felt like such a badass drummer the first time you sat down at your V's, regardless of how well you could actually play them at the time. The cool thing is, I still feel that way even now, and it's hard to put a price on something like that.....
        Mate . . .I'm with you all the way on that one! I listen to some of the stuff I've recorded either to CD or to the sequencer and think sh!t . . . did I play that?!

These beasts are simply Grrrrrreat!

Andy
        TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by alacrity024:

mine personally is the fact that since I've owned them, I've never broken a stick.
          Iím with alacrity024 on this one.

I definitely got the Vís and spend all of that money so I would not break any more sticks.

------------------
          szvook
          Studio

Comment

Sticks - well I'm still breaking them, even Easton Aheads....

Favorite thing.... they're all mine, they're paid for, and they still lturn heads everywhere I take them!!
            Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Sorry to change topic, a bit.

Tom, are you using your wrists mostly or are you coming down from the forearm more so?

------------------
              szvook
              Studio

Comment

I can't believe how much of an ass I am. The very same day that I started this thread, I was jamming around in my "studio" with a friend of mine on keys, and I broke a stick.

Does anybody want to buy some v-drums?

Comment

Man I remember this thread from years ago. It was titled 'What do you actually like about V-drums' because everyone was bagging them at the time. In fact there was a dedicated thread call 'What do you hate about your vdrums' or something like that. How times have changed!

My fav part of the vdrums is the vpro rack. It is solid, reliable and an awesome piece of work!
                  Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

I love the mesh heads, the volume control, the great tone, the built in click, and most of all the amount of fun I have playing them. I find myself practicing much more now than I ever had. I don't know if I am getting any better though. I have not broke a stick yet which is saving me a few hundred dollars a year.

Kurt
                    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

'SAY YEAH'

that's my favourite thing in the whole world...

Ever!

Schmunk
                      TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

My favorite thing about owning V-Drums is that I get to hang with all you wonderful people day in and day out, while I forsake my work, my family, my friends and my dog to be with all of you guys here in beautiful cyberspace.

Comment

Being able to play and hear (almost exactly) what others will hear live or will go to tape...without mic'ing the entire acoustic kit in my studio, playing it at full volume, into the board and trying to listen to a mix in phones and ignore the loud stuff I'm hearing coming from the drums in front of me.

Better still, I can now do all of this after midnight, if I'm inclined, in even a non-floated, non-sound proof room not far from my sleeping 16 month old. I have almost limitless drums and sounds to "switch out" I can control a heck of a lot more from a seated position, I can record via sequencer and go back and swap out any sound(s) with anything else or even add other layers on any take at any time.

They don't go out of tune, I don't break heads, I don't screw with feedback, or snare buzz (unless I want to), I rarely break a stick, I can make the drum head tension feel very consistent across all similar "drums", I can arrange these more ergonomically than a's, I can use my sampler to grab any a's sounds that I want (not just one kit), I can take 50 separate custom drum kits per 1 ounce memory card (plus the 100 stock kits which I don't even use)to any live performance and with everything taking less than half the room (and weight) of any set of my a's.

These are a few of my favorite things. Someone take over, my typing fingers are tired.

Comment

Originally posted by alacrity024:
                            I think it'd be neat if anyone who wanted to add to this just left a little note or story about their one favorite aspect of V's
                            It's gotta be the clamps hands down. Especially the ones with those wheel-shaped faucet handles. Incredible! You won't find those puppies anywhere else. God Bless you Roland ... (oh the humanity).

Comment

Roland needs to put Dr.Kildrum on the payroll..quickly!

Not a troll,

halfnote

Comment

Working...
                              X