Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Decorated Pintech Vertikicks (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decorated Pintech Vertikicks (pic)

I just got some new pedals and Pintech Vertikicks on Friday. So far, I really hate the way these triggers feel. I think I'd get more bounch from a black hole! On the other hand, they are very easy to decorate and look sharp. The "PINTECH" logos came off easily, and I did these on my inkjet printer. The "D's" are for Drooling Dogs, my band. They look a little fuzzy in the photo, but they are nice and crisp in-person.

------------------
    Drooling Dog

[This message has been edited by Drooling Dog (edited August 12, 2001).]
    - Scott

Let me get this right....

"Really [email protected] feeling triggers, but I'm glad I got them 'cause they're good to decorate"....Why not have a couple of those small xmas trees with piezos attached if decoration is what you're after?

I'm sorry, I don't understand. E-drumming has advanced tremendously to offer triggers that feel pretty 'real'(I can't comment on the Vertikicks - I haven't tried) - yet some are going for aesthetics over feel.

For me feel & function come way above aesthetics.
    Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Looks good DD!! Question, What are those units under the cymbals, triggers? Also, if so, where can they be gotten, cost, and do they choke the cymbals. BTW, very nice kit!

Comment

Originally posted by Oz DrumR:
        I'm sorry, I don't understand...
        You don't understand because you're trying to read between the lines. I never said I was glad I got them. I plan on replacing them next month with Pintech's ConcertCast triggers.

------------------
        Drooling Dog
        - Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsonly2002:
          What are those units under the cymbals, triggers?
          Those are straight-out-of-the-box Hard E-Cymbals II. The crashes are chokable.

------------------
          Drooling Dog
          - Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsonly2002:
            Looks good DD!!
            I'll go with that . . .especially the cymbals - so much so, I think you has 2002 a little fooled!

Originally posted by Drumsonly2002: Question, What are those units under the cymbals, triggers? Also, if so, where can they be gotten, cost, and do they choke the cymbals

Andy
            TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Drooling Dog:
              Originally posted by Oz DrumR:
              I'm sorry, I don't understand...
              You don't understand because you're trying to read between the lines. I never said I was glad I got them. I plan on replacing them next month with Pintech's ConcertCast triggers.

The concert cast you should be happy with.
              Very sturdy and plenty bouncy.
              They don't fold or collapse though if that is important to you.
              Good luck,
              Jeff

------------------
              td 8,
              pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
              The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Thanks acidbran. I'm looking forward to those. If they don't work, F-it! I'll buy something else the following month. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'm going to drop $500 a month on new stuff. Why not buy and replace the same thing every month?!

------------------
                Drooling Dog
                - Scott

Comment

Double D:
                  If memory serves, you had a couple of KD-7s? I could use a working one.

By the way, you don't change shoes and sing a song (a la Mr. Rogers) when you're getting ready to play do you? Just kiddin' but nice shoes in the pic.

By the way, when you gonna finish covering those drums and post a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by dr. kildrum:
                    If memory serves, you had a couple of KD-7s? I could use a working one.
                    Good memory. Yes, I have two working KD-7's. I actually bought the Pintech's so I could leave the KD'7's on the rehearsal kit at my bass player's house.
                    By the way, you don't change shoes and sing a song (a la Mr. Rogers) when you're getting ready to play do you? Just kiddin' but nice shoes in the pic.
                    I know, my Cons are dorky. I need shoes with flat soles, that don't curve up in front. Otherwise my foot walks up the pedal on those rare occasions when I play heels-down.
                    By the way, when you gonna finish covering those drums and post a pic?
                    Soon. Maybe even today!

------------------
                    Drooling Dog
                    - Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X