Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Patches? Loops? Samples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches? Loops? Samples?

Newbie question alert. I was playing the td10ex and hit a cymbal and this loop of music (minus the drum part) started playing and I could play along with it, if I then hit it again it would turn off. I couldn't figure out how to get it to change parts but I loved it and was having a blast. One time I got it to play this jazzy thing and another time this space jam thing. Are those "samples" that you guys refer to? (Hey marc. let me know so I can the appropriate searches). I really like this feature.

Those are called "patterns" and "songs" in Roland-speak. A "sample", roughly speaking, is a single unit of sound recorded with a mic, such as a cymbal crash or rim click.
    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Originally posted by feefer:
      Troll alert, is more appropriate.....

Chris
      Troll? This board is really nuts. Just forget it. I appreciate the first response thanks.

Comment

And really feefer, wasn't it you who said, "Remember: everyone here was in the same position, at some point (none of us were born e-drum experts)."

Chris

Guess you have to be one to submit here...

Comment

Originally posted by halfnote:
          Troll? This board is really nuts. Just forget it. I appreciate the first response thanks.
          Having a bad morning, are we? I hate to think how more sensitive you'd be if your handle was "quarternote".

Press INST>F4>F3 and you're there. Also if you RTFM, you'll find it on page 119(TD-10).

Troll On,
          -Marc.

Comment

Amazing! Don't have a manual marc. I don't have the drums yet. Still trying to figure out how I am trolling...

Comment

That's right. I know the spelling of Marc.'s name because he responded to my FIRST post here, about four posts below this called "faq?" You also responded (thank you) to that post rather eloquently. I gave Marc. a joshing in this thread cause he seems like he can take it..and he gave me one in my first post, and he joshes everyone else here. I also used the search engine to look at ALL of Marc.'s posts, because he seems very knowledgeable. (One post he even describes that his name is Marcos, and uses Marc. for short.) I think your paranoid feefer..and no apology necessary.

Comment

and apparently can find one of my older posts, but apparently can't use the Search Engine to look for the word pattern?

Chris
                And a couple of more things just for clarification because I am the accused..If you read carefully I did not know it was a "pattern" before Ufo told me..and I have since looked it up with the most xlnt search engine!

Also the older post I referred to you were actually speaking to ME in MY post. (Faq? it is about 4-5 posts below).

God help me if were to ask what a sequence is!

[This message has been edited by halfnote (edited August 06, 2001).]

Comment

Hi all,

BTW, I scrolled through the ENTIRE archives (yes, the entire thing) and read posts of interest BEFORE I ever posted a single question. Highly recommended.....

Words of wisdom - that should be on the home page in bold large letters.

I did exactly the same thing for about 2 months before descending upon the mortals.

------------------
                  szvook
                  Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:

Words of wisdom - that should be on the home page in bold large letters.

I did exactly the same thing for about 2 months before descending upon the mortals.

Well no offense to Szvook and and Feefer intended, but I think this completely unfair and absurd. Do you expect every newbie to read 20,000+? posts before asking a question? I myself have spent well over a week digging through this site. (I found out about these amazing drums about a day before finding this site).

Maybe you should put this on your homepage:

"Attention newbies! You WILL read every archived post on this site before you ask a question! And you WILL NOT DARE ask a question that can be construed as "simple" or that "anyone can answer!" If you do not know what you are searching for because you are ignorant of the instrument and the industry ..TOO BAD! Use the search engine anyway or you will get flamed in a big way! "

There have been a couple of very nice people that have emailed me answering my questions and offering to answer further questions (and have sent me pictures of their awesome kits). I think a couple of you are ruining it for everybody. IMO.

And yes I am kind of sensitive Marc. But geez I feel attacked! And BTW..I will be happy to RTFM cover to cover tonight if I could get it!

Comment

yeah, but can you prove that your NOT a Troll?

Comment

... yes I am kind of sensitive Marc. ... And BTW..I will be happy to RTFM cover to cover tonight if I could get it!
                        Sorry, didn't know you were Vdrumless. You can still use my response above on a demo model, and, if you want, I can e-mail you page 119.

----
                        -~

Comment

I guess not. Can you? (meant for Traps who was obviously unimpressed by my rebuttal. I am impressed by his cool use of animated gifs however.)

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
                            Sorry, didn't know you were Vdrumless. You can still use my response above on a demo model, and, if you want, I can e-mail you page 119.

----
                            -~

Sweet! I would like to have that page if it is not a lot of trouble because the guy at the store doesn't know how the thing works. Apparently, the is an employee there that has the TD-10 but I can't ever get there when he's there. I would like to play around with those patterns. Thanks alot..

Comment

I guess not. Can you?
                              That's just it, I wouldn't be able to either.
                              Its amazing to me the way some of these guys will eagerly turn over every rock looking for the answer to the next v-drum challenge that comes up, but can't be bothered with extending kindness/benefit of the doubt to a new member.

[This message has been edited by Traps (edited August 06, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X