Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-Pro Rack Sux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Pro Rack Sux

Man you guys were right picked my V Pro kit up a week ago and broke a clamp already the rack is like a toy what a piece of ****!

Rac
    Richie C

WOW, you did better than me. I broke one the day I got the damn thing. It really does suck.
    :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Racman:
      Man you guys were right picked my V Pro kit up a week ago and broke a clamp already the rack is like a toy what a piece of ****!

Rac
      Uh, .... mmmm, ... ok, .... and?

Comment

Well I think the pro rack is well designed, solid and the most reliable piece of gear I have ever used. Bravo Roland! We love you...
        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

I find these sorts of thjings interesting. I've had my V-Pro kit for almost three years and I haven't broken anything. The worst I've done is lose one of the nuts from the hand tightening screw things, which is simple enough to replace.

And I had a group of about 8 guys in a bar brawl come tearing through the whole kit about a month after I got it. I was pissed, but it was not harmed because I had not tightened the hell out of everything, so it gave just a bit, which I'm sure is what saved it.

Hmmm...
          redbrick
          My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

All I ever did with the V-Pro rack was replace the clamps with Gibraltars, cause I didn't trust the sight of those plastic clamps. Then I got my DrumFrame and now the only worry I have now is the thing getting stolen!

My wife uses my old V-Pro rack to dry our clothes in our laundry room... hey, it's rust-proof!

Stu
            "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
              My wife uses my old V-Pro rack to dry our clothes in our laundry room... hey, it's rust-proof!
              Hey, now there's an interesting topic.

1001 things to do with your V-pro rack (other than hang drums off it)

Here's some suggestions:
              A chin up bar for midgets
              Cover with a sheet, voila a kids cubby house
              A roll cage for dune buggy's
              A decorative wall hanging
              A shark cage (for REALLY big sharks)
              A costume for the Daleks in the new Doctor Who series (if there was a new Doctor Who series!)
              ...???
              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Call Roland and they'll send you some new clamps. You might even get the new hatched version which are much improved.

Comment

Originally posted by Racman:

Rac

Then this must be an optical illusion...
                  http://www.vdrums.com/images/drums1a.jpg

Comment

I have been using my V rack for 2 years and have never broke anything. I just switch to a Gibraltor rack for portablity. That was my only reason for switching the V rack held up great.

------------------
                    Ted H.
                    www.tocsinrocks.com
                    Ted H.

Comment

I would have to 'echo' the same comments as others have stated here...I've had my kit for over a year and have not had a problem with the rack or any clamps.

I don't crank on the clamps...just finger tight is enough!!!

I love the weight of the rack, its portability and even the color is great.

Comment

One point we are forgetting here, the product in question has been improved/discontinued. I'm not sure why we are even still discussing this issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X