Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Catalog of Sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalog of Sounds

Hi all:
    I'm new here and to electronic drumming, so bear with me.

I've been in love with my Ludwig acoustic kit since high school and now I am starting graduate school and am looking at 5 more years of no where to drum....So I've been looking at getting some vdrums for my apartment to keep me happy in the mean time.

I plan on getting a kit with a TD-8 on it, and I was wondering if there is a listing anywhere of what sounds that brain has, maybe with descriptions, or even better yet a mp3 with all of the sounds.

I realize that there are 1,286 sounds on it, so maybe this is not very practicle, so for simplicity I am mostly interested in the miscellaneous percussion, since I would like to eventually add my v-drums to the acoustic ones.

For instance, are there any (and how many): timbales, cowbells, wood blocks, granite blocks, tambourines, sleigh bells, chimes, claves, rainsitcks, vibra-slaps, triangles, glass breaking, dogs barking, etc, etc on the TD-8?

Thank you in advance to whoever responds.

This vdrum community seems to be very cool, I've learned alot just from browsing through the chat here.

Joe

Ever hear that "Staples" office products advertisement... at the end the guy says: "Staples - Yeah, we've got that" Well, the td-8 has it all and more.
    my advice: go to a music store and really sit down and scroll through and play the TD-8. That's what I did and it answered all of my questions about it.

Comment

Originally posted by hojo:
      are there any (and how many): timbales, cowbells, wood blocks, granite blocks, tambourines, sleigh bells, chimes, claves, rainsitcks, vibra-slaps, triangles, glass breaking, dogs barking, etc, etc on the TD-8?
      All of the above, pretty much. At least one of each, usually more. And they all can be tweaked on pitch and decay, making for an even wider variety.
      Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Thanks to all.

I have been doing all of my "shopping" on the internet thus far, so I guess it is time to venture out into the real world and try one of these puppies out.

I did hit on one about a year ago and liked the feel, I just didn't get a chance to try the sounds out.

later,
        joe

Comment

Working...
        X