Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pics of my V-Drum Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my V-Drum Kit

I just finished wrapping all my cables up for easy setup and takedown. I figured I'd take a few pics while I had it all torn apart. Enjoy.

------------------
    Drooling Dog
    - Scott

Sweet looking set there, Drooly (can I call you that?)

Stu
    "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Thanks, and I suppose.

------------------
      Drooling Dog
      - Scott

Comment

Especially the cymbals are nice looking. Every company with UFO pads (ddrum, Roland) should build them this way.
        Robert

Comment

Do you really play with your snare in the middle and the hihat wa-a-a-a-y over to the left? $^)

Comment

drmoze,

Yup, I do. I do not like to play with my sticks crossed. I prefer to play with my wrists crossed. I find that when I'm playing something a little funky (like accent on 1/hi-hat and accessent on the "e" of 1/snare), I like as much space between the two limbs as possible. Crossing at the wrists (sometimes as high as the forarms) gives me that extra space I like.

Though I actually play on the right-side hi-hat more than the left. Our songs (The Drooling Dogs) call for a lot of tom work during the beats. Out of the 10 songs I've learned so far, only 2 use "traditional" beats between just the kick, snare and hi-hat. Most of the tom notes are played on the two floor toms. It's much easier for me to cross under the right hi-hat than the left.

------------------
            Drooling Dog

[This message has been edited by Drooling Dog (edited July 05, 2001).]
            - Scott

Comment

Interesting that this topic is brought up... I've been wondering how minor of a minority group I'm in, because I put my hi-hat pad on the end of the rack arm, to the left of the TD-8 brain. All the pictures and illustrations I see of V-Drums show the brain on the end of the rack, with the hi-hat closer to the middle instead.

Does anyone else set their kit up this way?

Comment

Hey Dog,

How are the Hart cymbals, and the Visualite china? Your cymbal setup is REALLY close to the one I was going to get also.

Thanks,
                Jim
                [email protected]
                Hart 6.4 Pro TE3.2 kit (plus extra 8" Hart tom)
                3x CY-14, 1x CY-15, CY-12HH, KitToys 8" and 10" splash, Visu-Lite 18" China
                TD-10 w/ TDW-1, TD-8, SPDS Sampling Pad
                FD-8, Tama Iron Cobra Flexi-Glide double pedal
                1x PD-7, 2x PD-9, Hart Hammer
                Hart and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

JimVII,

Funny you should ask. I wrote a full review at:
                  http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000548.html

------------------
                  Drooling Dog
                  - Scott

Comment

Originally posted by K-Chuck:
                    ...I put my hi-hat pad on the end of the rack arm, to the left of the TD-8 brain.

...Does anyone else set their kit up this way?

K-Chuck,
                    I thought about doing that but couldn't get the hat in a good spot in relation to the snare and other pads (for me). I moved my TD-10 all the way over to the other side of the rack and swung the mount around hanging over the edge and well out of harm's way. I had to switch one or two cables out because of the new lengths of the runs, but this works great for me. I also cut a little off the L rod on my hat mount because I like mine lower. (Different strokes I guess [no pun intended]).

Comment

Does anyone else set their kit up this way?

I have my CY-12H on the right side next to my ride and play with my arms open (like that creed song ;-) ). This has opened up my playing and makes accessing the set easier for me. I have a PD-7 on the left side that is Y connected in as a hihat also, for my left arm. Works well.
                      ~~~
                      Tom Conner

Comment

Hey, I saw the pics you posted at the forum of your kit. What are the cymbals? They look like acoustics? I read down in the replies and someone mentions Harts but I have looked at their site without success. Yours look totally awesome. How are they to play and how do they sound?

Thanks,
                        Mainer

Comment

Originally posted by Mainer:

someone mentions Harts but I have looked at their site without success.

Say what?

Well for starters, they are shown on Harts home page.

Once you entered, click on Products from the nav bar, scroll down in the next page and click Ecymbal link, scroll down and behold Ecymbal X series and below, Ecymbal II (like the real ones). The Drumsets link from Products also shows the cymbals in a few setups.

Or try http://www.sepdrums.com/Store/index.html - if navigation is cumbersome for you.

------------------
                          szvook
                          Studio

Comment

Originally posted by Harlock:
                            Or just click the image

Even better

------------------
                            szvook
                            Studio

Comment

Do the Harts have as loud of a stick crack as the Visu-Lite. I had to put extra rubber on My visu.

------------------
                              LEGALIZE IT NOW!
                              LEGALIZE IT NOW!

Comment

Working...
                              X