Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove Rubberstench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove Rubberstench?

Anyone more than me feel like they live in a tire-factory after packing up their td6(or equal)-pads?

The whole room smells like rubber which gives me a headache.

The thing is that the td6 drumset has been unpacked for a month now and the stench is still there.

Any lubricant or any other ideas that can remove the stench?

//Joggs

It disappeared over time (a month or more) for my V-cymbals....

Comment

Originally posted by Joggs:
      The whole room smells like rubber which gives me a headache... Any lubricant or any other ideas ...?
      That reminds me: Rubbers make my head ache. Whey don't they super-size them? Don't they know about drummers?

Comment

My pads were very stinky till I sprayed them with some Hai karate.
        Now all the chicks want to play and smell my drums.

------------------
        td 8,
        pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
        The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Eat a lot of beans and burrittos. Soon you will not even notice the rubber smell.

------------------
          Ted H.
          www.tocsinrocks.com
          Ted H.

Comment

oh man i ... i smell your pain.

My DTXpress IV really stinks. Going on a month and still smelling like rubber/tire dealer/bike shop etc.

Im investigating alternatives. Have you come across any solutions yet?
            ~0okami.Digital
            Wauf!

Comment

Sorry, can't help you with your stinkin' drum kit. However, I would like to say that Rubberstench sounds like a great name for a rock band.
              >>>See my E-kit here<<<

>>>See my A-kit here<<<

Comment

Hmmm - interesting to note that this question was posed on 08-03-2001.

I wonder if the poor guy finally got rid of that smell now that it's about 6 1/2 years later?
                Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

has that "new drum" smell

Comment

i worked in a tyre factory in the 70's. the rubber smell brings back happy memories
                    http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
                    :cool:
                    ;)

Comment

Working...
                    X