Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum FAQs section for answers to forum related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My V's with the CY-6's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My V's with the CY-6's

I have told a couple of you I would get a pic up of my V's with the CY-6's so here they are.

http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/jgel2....src=ph%26.view=t

#2-

http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/jgel2....src=ph%26.view=t

That should work, but if not, you can try here.
    http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/jgel2...last=1&.last=1

[This message has been edited by Jgel (edited July 27, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jgel (edited July 27, 2001).]
    :rolleyes:

Sorry Broken Link Restricted Area...

Jeff

Comment

Sorry, try here. I had to share my photos first. An MCSE at his best
      http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/jgel22

Comment

Lookin' good! BTW, what's the fan mounted on?

----
        -~

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem like most V-drum pics show the V's in a clean, light colored room? Is this specified in the manual somewhere and I just missed it???

Seriously, nice kit. One of these days I'll post a pic of my in a not-so-clean (I believe cluttered would be a better word) darker room...namely the basement!

Comment

Good looking set, Jgel. I was going to inquire about the "fan trigger" myself, but Marc. beat me to it!

Do you use the CY-6's as crashes or rides? It seems like they'd work better as crashes, but I haven't tried them yet.

Comment

Thanks guys, I use the CY-6's as crashes, I still use a PD-9 for the RIDE. I can't afford the V-Ride yet.

Comment

Originally posted by br_james:
                [B]Is it just me or does it seem like most V-drum pics show the V's in a clean, light colored room? Is this specified in the manual somewhere and I just missed it???
                B]
                Setup pic requirements for VPro with the new TDW-1 is in the manual, page32 under Advanced Setup Tips. And the ddrums manual page 14 requires a dank background!

Sorry guys (and gals) - couldn't resist: just got off of a 12 hr mid shift, ready to crash, and I have a gig tonight before mid shift followed by 2 church services with my band in the morning - I'm pumped!! VDrummers don't need no sleep!!!
                Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
                  [B]Lookin' good! BTW, what's the fan mounted on?
                  B]
                  --------------------
                  The fan is sitting on top of my Bass amp. My 4 guitars are sitting in front of my Kit. It all just makes for a happy playing space.

Comment

Looks great Jgel. I have never seen the CY-6 pads in person, but I'm wondering why they would need the extra rubber layer. Can you take it off? Seems like they're just smaller versions of the CY-14, but I have a feeling I'm missing something...
                    Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Originally posted by ufotofu:
                      Looks great Jgel. I have never seen the CY-6 pads in person, but I'm wondering why they would need the extra rubber layer. Can you take it off? Seems like they're just smaller versions of the CY-14, but I have a feeling I'm missing something...
                      Thanks. The CY-6's have the rubber layer to reduce the noise level. I does not come off, or rather it is not meant to come off. I don't think it is a extra layer, it is like a cy-14 that is only 1/2 covers in rubber. You can hit the non-covered layer, but it is hard and REALLY LOUD. It really is a small CY-14, it's a 12 inch cymbal. They are great. I think the thing you are missing is....why does the CY-14 cost $250, when the CY-6's only cost $79.99. They look great and they work great. I have 3 so far and #4 will be comming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
                        You can hit the non-covered layer, but it is hard and REALLY LOUD.
                        Yes, hitting the plastic part has the feel of well...hitting plastic. Not very pleasant or efficient. It also is very sensitive so you will almost always peak the sound if you hit the plastic. The good news is that the rubber part allows for a good playing surface similar to the V-cymbals, gives a nice full dynamic range (when your module is adjusted properly), and gives good accurate dual zones.

Comment

Jgel your kit is looking sweet. I have added a CY-6 (paid $95) in with my other V'cymbals and it really looks out of place, but your kit with all CY-6 looks great. Kinda looks like a splash cymbal pretending to be a crash on my kit. Where did you pay $80 for your CY-6? I want to buy 2 for the set at church. Ever since I started using the V'cymbals using pads for crash cymbals just really suck.

------------------
                          Ted H.
                          www.tocsinrocks.com
                          Ted H.

Comment

I got mine at San Ash. Go to Midwest percussion and add a CY-6 to your shopping cart @ $79.99. Print out the shopping cark and take the print-out to Sam Ash or Guitar Center or Mars Music. Sam Ash did a price match 3 times now. They even beat the price. I got mine or $79.95. I was very happy to save $0.04 I didn't want to wait for midwest to have them in stock and ship them, and I like having thing in the NOW. So, the small tax that I paid on $79.95 each time is worth it to me to have them on the spot. Hope that helps. That is the same way I got my second KD-7 aw well as my Clamps. Just print out the best price you can find and take it to the store. In fact the only time I didn't do that was when I bought the kit. The local TAX was a little high on a V-Pro

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎