Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E-Drum user groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Drum user groups?

Coming from the technology/IT community, there are users groups meetings for assorted technologies that regularly get together, discuss aspects of the technology, see demos, etc.

Are there enough electronic drummers out there to start forming support and users groups? For example, I live in southeastern Michigan, and *think* that there are other edrummers in the area. However, I am the ONLY person I have seen in the area playing V-Drums.

So, I propose that we form local users groups around the globe in support of e-drums of all types. We could share ideas, show equipment, discuss pros/cons of our systems, trade stuff, etc. Perhaps some day a local movement like this could even evolve into conference or two. :-)

I can see it now... "Hello, I'm Hans and I play electronic drums." "Hi, Hans!" Like, err, 'other' support groups.

What does the group think? For that matter, anyone playing e-drums in Southeastern Michigan contact me, I'd love to get together.

- Hans
    - Hans

Uh...........dude...........I think you here already.........no?

You mean let's create a place for people that like to play edrums, talk edrums, discuss ideas for/from edrums, talk to each other, discuss equipment ideas, how good or bad the edrums are, provide examples of their work, pictures of their drum sets, etc......right, that is what you are after.

So lets get everybody on the same page on this one and create.........vdrum.com? – again?

Dude where do you think you are to begin with? The “wheel” doesn’t need to be recreated; it’s doing just fine.

As far as IT/Technology style of meetings, I do that every day and the last thing I want to do is recreate that scenario whilst I’ am way from my job.

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Comment

If I may...
      I think he meant actual meetings.
      But then I'm not sure.
      Either way I am always here for info and exchange.

------------------
      td 8,
      pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals...
      The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Originally posted by acidbran:
        If I may...
        I think he meant actual meetings.
        But then I'm not sure.
        Either way I am always here for info and exchange.

Oh yeah.....that? Oooops......long day in the IT field takes it's toll again.

------------------
        szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited July 20, 2001).]
        Studio

Comment

svook,
          At some point I would like to ask you some questions about live and recording .
          I am starting an album on monday and will be delving into the td-8 in a big way.
          I'll write when I get a night off.

------------------
          td 8,
          pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals...
          The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Originally posted by acidbran:
            svook,
            At some point I would like to ask you some questions about live and recording .
            I am starting an album on monday and will be delving into the td-8 in a big way.
            I'll write when I get a night off.

OK.

------------------
            szvook
            Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
              Oh yeah.....that? Oooops......long day in the IT field takes it's toll again.

Yeah, I meant that I would really like to get together in reality with other e-drummers to talk, compare equipment, etc. I thought that vdrums.com would be a good place to start organizing real-world meetings as well as these virtual asynchronous discussions.

- Hans

Comment

acidbran: szvook is definetly the guy you want to talk to about recording. I just recieved a cd by his band and it is amazing. The production quality (mix, sound, efx....ect) is perfect. BTW szvook you are a very inovated and talented drummer. I was blown away with the cd. Thanks for sending it. Let me know when ya come out with another one, or if you ever play in Michigan.

hmasing: I am in northern mi, ya know up by that big bridge. If ya ever get up this way let me know. I would love to get together and bs about edrums. Later.

Kurt
                Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

I think I know what Hans was talking about....??? I would love to go to a VDrums.com convention. Meet some of you guys, have a beer, talk drums. I would LOVE the see the DAMN Holy Grail thing close up. Have each kit available. Actually TRY a Hary Ride and a Roland Ride and a Visu-Lite ride side by side on a TD-10 and a TD-6 and a TD-8. I wish there were people in the Tampa area that knew about this stuff. Good idea, but I don't know if it could happen.
                  :rolleyes:

Comment

I'm in let me know when and where.

Kurt
                    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Ooooo I know – “Edrumspalloza” !!!!!!!!!!!

All bands and artists that utilize and incorporate some for of edrums (preferably a full e-set so we can get the full package for some interesting comparisons – which would answer a lot of questions we all discuss daily) would be welcomed to jam in all types of musical forms. The first beer is on me!

Hmasing,

Sorry about the burst earlier, very long day, had to sit in a meeting with my new director of engineering who probed us all day. Sorry mate!

Kurt,

Glad you liked the material. Soon as I know we are touring and the dates are confirmed, I will post the dates and we plan to come out to the mid west. We are working on remixing some older material and I will get in touch if you would like some more to listen.

------------------
                      szvook
                      Studio

Comment

Originally posted by szvook:
                        The first beer is on me!

Be careful there is a 1000 + members here that would be a big tab.

see ya
                        Kurt
                        Kurt

Comment

OK, since I worked out the details, I say VDrum CON, 2002 in Orlando. 2 Days of Jams and learning. The following workshops will be avail....

Holy Grail - You to can do it.
                          Shack Attacking - easy as pie.
                          Racks - Your other options
                          Adding Pads - SPD your heart out.
                          Stuffing foam into you new Rack?

And don't miss great speeches like...

Are the CY6's as good as VCrashes???
                          What are the different TDW-1's??
                          KD-7 vs. KD-120 - Which one and WHY??

A great 2 days event to try out Hart, Roland, Visu-Lite and more (No ddrum 'cause they suck )

More info to come.

[This message has been edited by Jgel (edited July 20, 2001).]
                          :rolleyes:

Comment

jgel sounds great!!! but, have in the winter so I can get out of the norther 20 below zero winter crap. BTW many of the ddrum people are very active on this site and very helpful. so it should be a edrum fest. not just a vdrum fest.

Kurt
                            Kurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
                              And don't miss great speeches like...

Are the CY6's as good as VCrashes???
                              What are the different TDW-1's??
                              KD-7 vs. KD-120 - Which one and WHY??
                              What? You're missing

I just got my new TDW-1... Where oh where have my TD-10 kits gone???
                              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X