Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STICK BAG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STICK BAG

I AM WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS USE TO PLACE YOUR STICK BAG ON. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE PETER ERSKINE FREE STANDING STYICK BAG WITH TABLE. BUT YAMAHA IS ON BACK ORDER FOR THE PAST FOUR MONTHS. HOW DO YOU GUYS SET IT UP?????

Originally posted by jonathanstewart:
    I AM WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS USE TO PLACE YOUR STICK BAG ON. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THE PETER ERSKINE FREE STANDING STYICK BAG WITH TABLE. BUT YAMAHA IS ON BACK ORDER FOR THE PAST FOUR MONTHS. HOW DO YOU GUYS SET IT UP?????
    I put my sticks on my amp behind my drums. I use two types - nylon tip 5B, or hot rods, depending. Since I play with accoustic cymbals as well as electronics, I can adjust the cymbal volume accordingly. Since I play cleanly, I go through one set of sticks about every two years. Seriously.

- Hans

- Hans

Comment

I AM WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS USE TO PLACE YOUR STICK BAG ON
      I'm not familiar with the product you are talking about, but it sounds more elaborate than my boring application. I just hang my bag on the rack like so. http://y42.edit.photos.yahoo.com/bc/...r=/My%20Vdrums The other side (the side you can't see) has pockets and layers to position sticks protruding usefully for quick grabs. I prefer the bag on the left but place a stick or two hanging out of lugs on the right when playing out.

Comment

I have only one pair of sticks so I have no need for a bag of sticks.

Comment

I use a Peter Erskine Bag it works great I was in the Music store yesterday that I bought it from and they had 2 of them if you want to call them here is there # :
          1-888-989 8822 OR (540) 989-8822 ASK FOR Jeff they are pretty competitve with there prices ( they are in Virginia). Here is there web site: www.noteworthymusic.com

Comment

okay but can you give me more iformation on the bag? I need a bag that does not hang on the toms. On the toms it dont work well for me because I constantly hit it with my leg. So I searched and found the peter erskine free standing stick bag with table but, no one wants to sell it to me. musiciansfriend has had it on backorder since early may and they have had at least three delivery dates but nothing has come in. I called yamaha but they will not sell it to me. HELP WHAT IS NEXT AND WHAT TO DO.

Comment

I have a bag that goes over my throne and really love it. There are always sticks to grab no matter what hand drops or breaks one. When I go home tonight I can post the brand if you want. I have had it for a really long time. It rolls up nice and holds well over a case of sticks. A drummer can NEVER have to many drum sticks.(Unless you bought a case of the wrong size )

------------------
              Ted H.
              www.tocsinrocks.com
              Ted H.

Comment

Originally posted by Stixx777:
                A drummer can NEVER have to many drum sticks.(Unless you bought a case of the wrong size )
                Or unless you're Marc.

Comment

yes please do so.

Comment

The name of the bag is Quick Bag by I think Quick Accessories. The bag with fit a bike or round style throne. It is about 12" around to go on the seat and has a slit in it for using a seat with a back on it like me. I talked to the local dealer I got it from and he said you can still get them. His web site is www.rossimusic.com the site is not full operational yet but you can email him from the site or even call and he will be more than happy to give you the info and order it for you. I have been buying stuff from him for years. A great small town music store. I haven't been able to buy much there lately because he doesn't carry Roland so I love passing business his way. I did buy a really nice cymbal bag for my V cymbals recently and it is really great. A warm fuzz inside with pockets for the cymbals and a really nice large pocket in front where I keep my cables and my favorite feature is it has back pack straps or an over the shoulder strap. Make sure if you contact him you tell him Ted sent you and he will give you a killer deal. I hope this helps it has been a great bag and still looks as good as it did 5 plus years ago when I got it.

------------------
                    Ted H.
                    www.tocsinrocks.com
                    Ted H.

Comment

Musicians Friend has the Erskine bag listed as In Stock now - I've been on backorder for about 2 months on it. I also just saw one at a Mars (in Cincinnati) the other day for the first time - same price 50 bucks.

So maybe they are finally shipping them.

By the way it looks like a decent bag in person, except it has logos all over it....

Comment

Here's a cool tip for a good stick stash:

I'm surprised that Gibraltar or someone else hasn't already marketed this, but simply take a right-angle pipe clamp, a plastic end cap, and a roughly 10" section of rack or PVC pipe and you're in business. Attach the clamp at the appropriate side and angle on your drum rack and then clamp the section of pipe to it. Voila. Looks cool and works like a charm. The advantage to this is that you can set this little gizmo anywhere on your drum rack. I use one where the sticks are positioned right under my hi-hat and another close to my ride cymbal. So if I drop a stick from either hand, I've got a replacement right there without having to reach for it or even look at it.

You can also use one of those clamps that are made for connecting a "foot bar" with a vertical pipe, although the positioning flexibility isn't as great as the former method.

Here are the clamps I'm referring to: http://www.americanmusical.com/item....PRRA&sprc=True

and
                        http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/sh...452?pid=445992
                        [This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited July 29, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited July 29, 2001).]
                        TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Working...
                        X