Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Just Played Acoustics.....latency issue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Played Acoustics.....latency issue??

Had the opportunity yesterday to sit in with a group that had an older Pearl Kit rigged in an iso booth...Its been a long time since I've player more than a few minutes on an acoustic kit...

everything was monitored with cans and my most striking discovery was everthing seemed a bit tighter....I enjoyed the immediate impact of a snare blast back in my face, rather than striking an e-snare, having the hit transfered through the brain, into a mixer, and out to the monitor....

I'm not dissing the E's, it has huge advantages, but there is clearly a latency issue here...anyone else had this experience??

P.S.. the session was tracked and it seemed like it was the tightest I've played in a while...

P.S.. the session was tracked and it seemed like it was the tightest I've played in a while...
    You're missing that metronome, aren't you?

"I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

I havent noticed any latency problems at all with my club set. I also play an acoustic set in a band at least once a week, and no difference. One thing I have noticed is ever since I got my v-drums, my playing has gotten tighter. On both acoustic and electric. I think this is due to just being able to practice more frequently. Acoustic is definitely a nice change from the v-drums once a week though. Though I think the opposite would be true if I was playing soley on acoustic. Grass is always greener. You know.

[This message has been edited by juggernaut (edited July 27, 2001).]
      Roland V-Club with KD-120. Apple G4 500 x 256 megs ram using Cubase VST 5.1 Native Instruments Battery, Absynth, Korg Electribe EA-1 and Propellerhead Reason.

Comment

Working...
      X