Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Played Acoustics.....latency issue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Played Acoustics.....latency issue??

Had the opportunity yesterday to sit in with a group that had an older Pearl Kit rigged in an iso booth...Its been a long time since I've player more than a few minutes on an acoustic kit...

everything was monitored with cans and my most striking discovery was everthing seemed a bit tighter....I enjoyed the immediate impact of a snare blast back in my face, rather than striking an e-snare, having the hit transfered through the brain, into a mixer, and out to the monitor....

I'm not dissing the E's, it has huge advantages, but there is clearly a latency issue here...anyone else had this experience??

P.S.. the session was tracked and it seemed like it was the tightest I've played in a while...

P.S.. the session was tracked and it seemed like it was the tightest I've played in a while...
    You're missing that metronome, aren't you?

"I do what I like, and I like what I do."

Comment

I havent noticed any latency problems at all with my club set. I also play an acoustic set in a band at least once a week, and no difference. One thing I have noticed is ever since I got my v-drums, my playing has gotten tighter. On both acoustic and electric. I think this is due to just being able to practice more frequently. Acoustic is definitely a nice change from the v-drums once a week though. Though I think the opposite would be true if I was playing soley on acoustic. Grass is always greener. You know.

[This message has been edited by juggernaut (edited July 27, 2001).]
      Roland V-Club with KD-120. Apple G4 500 x 256 megs ram using Cubase VST 5.1 Native Instruments Battery, Absynth, Korg Electribe EA-1 and Propellerhead Reason.

Comment

Working...
      X